Author Topic: Able KONE  (Read 58674 times)

Coava Roasters

Re: Able KONE
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2010, 07:07:22 PM »
Keith, I just put my order in.  Thank you for the discount. I've been watching your progress on different forums for a while, and I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this.  My Chemex has been sitting on a shelf for a couple of years, because I haven't been able to reproduce (control) the kind of cup I get from other pour-over methods so I'm really excited about this.

Thanks,
Woody

Thanks Woody,

I will get that out to you tomorrow. I have fulfilled all orders that have come in today. I hope you all love the filter as much as I do and as much as I did to create it.

I prefer to use a Chemex with it.

25-30 grams of coffee
pour 100 grams water in 15-20 seconds for pre soak
let stand for 45-1:00 minute
at 1:00 start pouring again another 300 grams of water stopping your pour at 1:45-2:00
This should then take 2:30 - 3:30 minutes to final drip
Remember to pour slow and gentle with this filter... its not paper ;)

Once again hope you enjoy.

-Keith

Tex

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »
Ordered.  Thanks for the discount offer...now I have to resist the irresistible urge to buy a Chemex.  Maybe I can time the order to coincide with a planned trip by she who must be obeyed or appeased.

I was at a Goodwill store Monday and they had a large Chemex (still had the new labels on it) for only $5; should I have jumped on it?
 :-\

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
I hope that clears that issue up for you

Yeah, that makes sense.

I'll be watching to see what the members who have orders in are saying in a few days.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

BoldJava

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2010, 07:24:59 PM »

I was at a Goodwill store Monday and they had a large Chemex (still had the new labels on it) for only $5; should I have jumped on it?

Tex, for heaven's sake man!  Walked past a new Chemex?  Man, you should be drummed out of the club.  Nab it and if you get caught walking into the house with it, just say it is a vase (vass) for her -- have some flowers in the other hand.

B|Java

BoldJava

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
I remember thinking I would NEVER buy an aeropress and now I find it fills a slot in my line up that no other device can. It's a must have for my gear list ...

How can you even insert that plastic trash talk into a honkin' stainless steel, US made perma-filter thread?  Go find Rasqual and talk plastic stuff on that 87 page CoffeeGeek thread he gave birth to ...<grins>.

B|Java
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:32:59 PM by BoldJava »

Coava Roasters

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2010, 07:35:12 PM »
Joe,

Thank you for your last post.

Also thank you for your phone number. Its late tonight but I would love to chat with you on the phone. Maybe tomorrow?

I need to go clean the cat box now. :)

Good night all.

-Keith

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2010, 07:42:30 PM »
How can you even insert that plastic trash talk into a honkin' stainless steel, US made perma-filter thread?  

I might buy a stainless steel Aeropress.  ;D

I can say that polyester filters in the AP are way better than Swiss Gold....no word yet on the Kone AP disks yet to be released.

At $39 each.  ;D ;D   Welcome to GCBC Kieth this is how we do it, and that was pretty funny if you ask me.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:48:05 PM by John F »
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
Joe,

Thank you for your last post.

Also thank you for your phone number. Its late tonight but I would love to chat with you on the phone. Maybe tomorrow?

I need to go clean the cat box now. :)

Good night all.

-Keith

gotta keep the VP of quality control happy  (!?!?! were did that picture of the cat and KONE prototypes go?!?!)

I like the concept.. especially the thought of watching the coffee work through as part of the customer experience.. it takes the ceramic  brewer design ideas in a whole other direction.. I see the wisdom of not brewing into the same vessel you are drinking from (sediment)

if enough people are interested in chemex brewers I would love to be the middle man for you.. I need to make some money but I will be fair :D   

milowebailey

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2010, 08:44:24 PM »

You Tease!

Tex

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2010, 09:06:56 PM »

You Tease!

Is that a good price?

I think I'll drop by tomorrow and see if it's still there?

Tex

« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »

Tex, for heaven's sake man!  Walked past a new Chemex?  Man, you should be drummed out of the club.  Nab it and if you get caught walking into the house with it, just say it is a vase (vass) for her -- have some flowers in the other hand.

B|Java

No!!!

Branded

Actually, I've already got that one figured out - I'll just tell Mrs T that it's for Milo. ;D

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2010, 09:13:58 PM »

I read these stories and then for a few weeks I try to find scores. As I am driving around I'll spot a thrift store and I stop in and run inside to find the loot.

Without fail I see a bunch of old clothes, a stack of VHS VCR's, some plastic drip machines, and a bread maker with a dinged up lid. I eyeball the bread maker every time and it's always about $7. I think of getting it and making a heat gun roaster with it but then I just walk away. At the next store I spot I imagine how much fun it will be if I find a Stir Crazy or a turbo oven...but no. Just the bread machine and assortment of Mr. Coffee machines with the carafe taped on with 9 rounds of scotch tape.

Then I forget about it until the next time I see a post where somebody scores a commercial lever machine in mint condition for $29 or a brand new Chemex for $5.

Now I'm starting to wonder if these stories are like the stories in the magazines we would find as kids that somebody's Dad had hidden away that started out...

You will never believe what happened when I walked in on these two cheerleaders having a pillow fight..

Lee Morrison

Tex

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2010, 09:27:20 PM »

I read these stories and then for a few weeks I try to find scores. As I am driving around I'll spot a thrift store and I stop in and run inside to find the loot.

Without fail I see a bunch of old clothes, a stack of VHS VCR's, some plastic drip machines, and a bread maker with a dinged up lid. I eyeball the bread maker every time and it's always about $7. I think of getting it and making a heat gun roaster with it but then I just walk away. At the next store I spot I imagine how much fun it will be if I find a Stir Crazy or a turbo oven...but no. Just the bread machine and assortment of Mr. Coffee machines with the carafe taped on with 9 rounds of scotch tape.

Then I forget about it until the next time I see a post where somebody scores a commercial lever machine in mint condition for $29 or a brand new Chemex for $5.

Now I'm starting to wonder if these stories are like the stories in the magazines we would find as kids that somebody's Dad had hidden away that started out...

You will never believe what happened when I walked in on these two cheerleaders having a pillow fight..

My Dad never had that kind of magazine, at least not that any of us kids ever found; Mom-The-Baptist would've neutered him!

If you're EVER in the Seattle area, have someone take you by the big Goodwill store (on Dearborn?). It's huge - I used to drive by there on the way to work every day and I'd stop in from time to time. It's amazing the stuff Seattleites give to Goodwill!!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2010, 04:56:51 AM »

You Tease!

Is that a good price?

I think I'll drop by tomorrow and see if it's still there?

I'll buy it if no one else does....seriously.

It's odd you should mention Chemex brewers at thrift shops. I hit thrift shops pretty hard on the weekends and I have never seen a Chemex for sale. I have a friend that shops at the same exact stores I do and he has bought over 15 of them, most of the time for $3-5 each. It makes me sick :D

Offline hobiwankinobi

• Standard User
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2010, 05:22:24 AM »
No kidding I dont know how many poppers and stir crazy's I have bought at thrift stores. I have yet to see a chemex. I had even found a la pavoni europiccola too for 15$ which I resold on ebay for 315. I still have high hopes though. I love to hit the thrift stores.

Steve