Author Topic: Tassimo Home Brewing System Safety Recall  (Read 788 times)

yakster

Tassimo Home Brewing System Safety Recall
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:26:26 AM »
In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada, BSH Home Appliances Corporation (BSH) and Kraft Foods are voluntarily announcing two recalls related to the Tassimo Home Brewing System.

We have received some consumer reports that during the brewing process, T DISCs can burst and spray hot water and/or coffee grounds or tea leaves onto consumers using the brewer and onto bystanders, posing a potential burn hazard. Kraft and BSH have identified the causes of this issue and are taking actions on the Tassimo brewers by Bosch and certain Espresso Drink T DISCs to help prevent it from happening in the future.

Please note that both these recalls are limited to the United States and Canada only.

More info on the recall here and Sprudge's comedic coverage here.

Tex

Re: Tassimo Home Brewing System Safety Recall
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:38:37 AM »
Maybe they should recall the espresso machines without 3-way valves too. Ever witness a portafilter sneeze? Actually they're a bigger menace than a Tassimo, since espresso machines operate at higher temps.

EricBNC

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
The recall is for a handful of espresso and related milk pods branded Maxwell House and Gevalia with a code falling in the 11213 - 12020 range.

http://www.coffeewiz.com/recall.aspx

Tex

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
As a public service, I'm recalling all espresso machines produced without 3-way valves. Compliance is not optional; all owners must send me their machines now!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:17:08 AM by Tex »

EricBNC

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:14 AM »
I heard a kid burned his hand on a Sonofresco the other day...

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »
I bet he said son of something else when be hurnt it too  ;D
Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »
Yeah ... well ... how about the guy who bought a McDee's coffee ... attempting to slurp it down while it was scalding hot ... and then took them to court.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski