Author Topic: Show Off your Espresso Machine  (Read 64409 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Show Off your Espresso Machine
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2008, 07:13:21 AM »
"Are we not men?"
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2008, 07:56:24 AM »
I don't think a magnetic strip would hold our Kimmoy bombshell cleavers (made from the scrap bombshells that were lobbed over from mainland China up until recently).  I was thinking of getting one of those blocks stuffed with plastic tubes.  The knives squeeze in between the tubes.
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

milowebailey

Re: Show Off your espresso Machine Here.
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2008, 08:36:08 AM »

There are a million ways to do it. I hate plastic even more than glass wool, so I went with glass wool and then in a most anal manner encased it. here is a thread for your convenience and entertainment:

http://www.home-barista.com/forums/more-on-boiler-insulation-t4293.html

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
          Felix

Felix

Great link and great timing.... I will do this once I get the Brasilia cleaned up.

I was considering this and wondering what material to use.....

Milowebailey

Abouna

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2008, 08:06:43 PM »
I don't think a magnetic strip would hold our Kimmoy bombshell cleavers (made from the scrap bombshells that were lobbed over from mainland China up until recently).  I was thinking of getting one of those blocks stuffed with plastic tubes.  The knives squeeze in between the tubes.

I'll bet you a free 12" MAG-BLOK it will hold your cleaver.  If it does, you pay, if it's doesn't you keep it for free!  One caveat: This is a real kitchen cleaver right?  Not some Medieval execution hatchet?

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
  • "It's not easy being green"
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »
I don't think a magnetic strip would hold our Kimmoy bombshell cleavers (made from the scrap bombshells that were lobbed over from mainland China up until recently).

All the way to Michigan? The threat is more serious than I thought!
 ;D
Catch and release - into the grease!

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2008, 10:39:42 AM »
I don't think a magnetic strip would hold our Kimmoy bombshell cleavers (made from the scrap bombshells that were lobbed over from mainland China up until recently).
 ;D
No, to Kimmoy!  Used to live in Taiwan, still make a 1-2 month trip each year.  Sharp knives!  The explosion hardens the steel.
I think I may just try one of those MAG-BLOKs.  Very nice looking!  A Wenge will fit the new digs very well!  (And I will use the kitchen cleaver, not the machete for the challenge.)

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2008, 12:44:26 PM »
Neat!

Abouna

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2008, 02:25:28 PM »
 ;D
No, to Kimmoy!  Used to live in Taiwan, still make a 1-2 month trip each year.  Sharp knives!  The explosion hardens the steel.
I think I may just try one of those MAG-BLOKs.  Very nice looking!  A Wenge will fit the new digs very well!  (And I will use the kitchen cleaver, not the machete for the challenge.)

OK, can I take this to mean you're accepting?

If so, send me you're address info and I'll shoot one of to you tomorrow.

NIX that.  Just saw youre email...doh!  Wenge 12" coming you're way.  Cheers.

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2008, 01:04:28 PM »
I am trying hard to avoid this thread because I have it bad for a new espresso machine. After all, how can a roaster expect to produce a good espresso blend without a good machine to try it on? Or, so I tell myself!

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion

Glacier

« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »
I am trying hard to avoid this thread because I have it bad for a new espresso machine. After all, how can a roaster expect to produce a good espresso blend without a good machine to try it on? Or, so I tell myself!

Shep

It's kind of important, I would think- I attempted to hit Nirvana with mine when I first got it and was completely obsessed, and ultimately perfected my blend, tamp, roast, etc.

Abouna

« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2008, 06:17:01 AM »

OK, Curtis, whats the verdict?  >:D

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »

OK, whats the verdict?  >:D
Just arrived yesterday.  Dang!  I lost!  In fact, that cleaver sticks on so fast I am worried my wife will have to call me each time she needs it! :)

Very nice!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 07:55:44 PM by YasBean »

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2008, 07:54:50 PM »

OK, whats the verdict?  >:D

Just arrived yesterday.  Dang!  I lost!  In fact, that cleaver sticks on so fast I am worried my wife will have to call me each time she needs it! :)

Very nice!

Well, the result of this challenge can be seen here.

Offline PaulM

• Standard User
« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2008, 09:07:56 AM »
In fact, that cleaver sticks on so fast I am worried my wife will have to call me each time she needs it! :)

I think that's the "husband safety feature."

milowebailey

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »
Here is one of my espresso machines.... sort of.

It's a Jabena, which I picked up in Ethiopia on my last business trip.  You can read about the traditional coffee ceremony here:

http://www.epicurean.com/articles/ethiopian-coffee-ceremony.html