Author Topic: Show Off your Espresso Machine  (Read 66252 times)

BoldJava

Re: Show Off your Espresso Machine
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »
Guess this thread is as good as any.

Have to ship the Silvia.  How do I empty the boiler.  Running it dry doesn't even sound like the brightest thing I could do.  But, where is a plug or place to empty it?

Thx, B|Java

milowebailey

« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2010, 10:45:54 AM »

Have to ship the Silvia.  How do I empty the boiler.  Running it dry doesn't even sound like the brightest thing I could do.  But, where is a plug or place to empty it?

Thx, B|Java

Try this...

BoldJava

« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2010, 10:51:35 AM »
Thanks.  I must have not been using good keywords in my search because I came nowhere near close to a good return. 

B|Java

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2010, 10:54:32 AM »
Thanks.  I must have not been using good keywords in my search because I came nowhere near close to a good return. 

B|Java

That is certainly something that all of run into at one point or another.

;)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #229 on: June 16, 2010, 11:05:22 AM »

Thx, B|Java

Nope, and definitely don't try steaming it out or you might blow the element. I'd disconnect the steam valve connection on the boiler and tip it over into the sink.

milowebailey

« Reply #230 on: June 16, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »
That's why we keep Tex around!!  This is a better idea!

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #231 on: June 16, 2010, 11:11:50 AM »
That's why we keep Tex around!!  This is a better idea!

Alias Mr. Hardware.

;)
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #232 on: June 16, 2010, 11:16:19 AM »
That's why we keep Tex around!!  This is a better idea!

Alias Mr. Hardware.
 ;)

Nah, Mr. Mankini or Mr. Lazy, your choice - and it's also safer than flipping plugged in machines upside down and turning them on!

BoldJava

« Reply #233 on: June 16, 2010, 11:23:11 AM »
Nope, and definitely don't try steaming it out or you might blow the element. I'd disconnect the steam valve connection on the boiler and tip it over into the sink...

Thanks Tex.  Lots better.   I don't care what they say about your SlingShot, though I did fine the Duke just a little more compelling, pard'ner.

B|Java

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2010, 11:24:17 AM »

Alias Mr. Hardware.
 ;)

Nah, Mr. Mankini or Mr. Lazy, your choice - and it's also safer than flipping plugged in machines upside down and turning them on!

Are you kidding ... Tex of the famous Tex mods for Gaggia Espresso machines.  You would be an inductee to the Gaggia Hall of Fame ... if there was one.

;)
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2010, 11:25:36 AM »
Nope, and definitely don't try steaming it out or you might blow the element. I'd disconnect the steam valve connection on the boiler and tip it over into the sink...

Thanks Tex.  Lots better.   I don't care what they say about your SlingShot, though I did fine the Duke just a little more compelling, pard'ner.

B|Java

Yeah, but you just can't help yourself, can you? You've just got to sneak a peek at that neon-green semi-clad body! :o

Tex

« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »

Alias Mr. Hardware.
 ;)

Are you kidding ... Tex of the famous Tex mods for Gaggia Espresso machines.  You would be an inductee to the Gaggia Hall of Fame ... if there was one.

;)

In the spirit of my semi-clad avatar, it's time for almost full disclosure: All of those mods were perfected by someone else. All I can really claim credit for is creating a forum where they could all be brought together. That's enough for me! :-[

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2010, 12:54:52 PM »

Alias Mr. Hardware.
 ;)

;)

In the spirit of my semi-clad avatar, it's time for almost full disclosure: All of those mods were perfected by someone else. All I can really claim credit for is creating a forum where they could all be brought together. That's enough for me! :-[

You still qualify for membership as MergerMan!

;)
lp, 7-Ski

BoldJava

« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2010, 03:05:36 PM »
I need to extend credit to our man on the West Coast.  Mz Silvia, PID'd by Milo.  Thanks budd.

Green cups by JJRoaster; blue cup by a Michigan potter.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »
So B|PIDSylvia ... how are the shots with new life?

???
lp, 7-Ski