Author Topic: Show Off your Espresso Machine  (Read 66170 times)

BoldJava

Re: Show Off your Espresso Machine
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2010, 04:47:22 AM »
Here is a machine in my collection. I finish restoring it several months ago.

Absolutely smashing.  Nice restoration.

BoldJava

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2010, 05:12:57 AM »
Here is a machine in my collection. I finish restoring it several months ago.

Well done indeed!

:icon_thumleft:
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:12 AM »
It's coming together; just needs a switch and rewiring.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:51:40 AM by Tex »

highstrings

« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
Tex -
Sure is looking nice!

Tex

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »
Tex -
Sure is looking nice!

I've an alcove in one wall that Mrs T has already picked out for this & my LP Pro. She even bought the poster shown to go in the alcove. Plus she's talking to the local glass shop, trying to come up with some way to display my small collection of vac pots, moka pots, and Illy cups. Who knew the woman had such good taste? ;D

I've also got the Brasilia Belle Epoque 2-group underway - Mrs T spent a bunch of money for a cute little table for it to sit on, to go into the living room. What I need now is Larry's roaster to put the finishing touch on her decorating scheme! ;)

Offline danetrainer

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #260 on: December 24, 2010, 10:40:01 AM »
Getting the most of my 2ft x 3ft coffee bar in the kitchen...plumbed in Brewtus III Rotary, Doserless modded M7k 68mm conical, Mahlkonig Tanzania, &
Clever dripper. The latte art is compliments of :-\ my recent visit to Barista, Portland....hopefully in another 10-20 years mine will be half as good!

thejavaman

« Reply #261 on: December 26, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
Getting the most of my 2ft x 3ft coffee bar in the kitchen...plumbed in Brewtus III Rotary, Doserless modded M7k 68mm conical, Mahlkonig Tanzania, & Clever dripper.

It looks like you get about as much space as what my wife allows me in the kitchen.  What a nice set-up though.  I'm seriously drooling and developing a case of "upgraditis" as I type this!   ;)

Offline danetrainer

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #262 on: December 26, 2010, 01:56:29 PM »
Upgradeitus, ::) yes I know that all too well...I've had my home espresso equipment since around 1995, starting off with the usual Krups model and a Braun burr grinder! I've measured the space and I could fit a GS3 in there, but realistically not going to have any improvement in the end product, just more steaming ability if that were important to me (its not). I have three other espresso grinders under the counter...the big conical is really awesome, because, it has such a wide sweet spot. The Tanz actually is on loan & belongs to the friend that co-buys greens with me...we do all the roasting here and use it for cupping...but it certainly is overkill with a single serve dripper! I love it when I make a cold brew as it grinds through a whole pound in about 15 seconds!

BoldJava

« Reply #263 on: December 26, 2010, 02:09:32 PM »
Getting the most of my 2ft x 3ft coffee bar in the kitchen...plumbed in Brewtus III Rotary, Doserless modded M7k 68mm conical, Mahlkonig Tanzania...

That Mahlkonig Tanz caught my eye.  It is designed a great deal like the Nuova Simonelli MCD65, with a dial to adjust the grind and a snout.  Do you know if that dial lowers/raises the lower burr up towards the fixed upper plate as does the NS?

Offline danetrainer

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #264 on: December 27, 2010, 09:09:44 AM »
Getting the most of my 2ft x 3ft coffee bar in the kitchen...plumbed in Brewtus III Rotary, Doserless modded M7k 68mm conical, Mahlkonig Tanzania...

That Mahlkonig Tanz caught my eye.  It is designed a great deal like the Nuova Simonelli MCD65, with a dial to adjust the grind and a snout.  Do you know if that dial lowers/raises the lower burr up towards the fixed upper plate as does the NS?

I will look when I get home tonight and see, easy to take the top cover off and see how things move. The burrs are held in magnetically, not screwed down like the Bunns or 804.

Offline danetrainer

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2010, 10:02:50 AM »
Indeed the grind adjustment moves the lower burr up/down, also the burrs measure 80mm.

Pyment

« Reply #266 on: December 29, 2010, 05:57:32 AM »

How's the PID Silvia doing? (BTW that may just count as an upgrade to your espresso machine).

BoldJava

« Reply #267 on: December 29, 2010, 06:09:38 AM »

How's the PID Silvia doing? (BTW that may just count as an upgrade to your espresso machine).

Fine until the olive wood handle split on the portafilter.  It went on 'injured reserve' list about the same time Favre did.  The portafilter is at the shop getting a remake and hopefully will be up and running when Milo is here in Feb and gets to see the end product of his work in action.

B|Java

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #268 on: December 29, 2010, 07:43:27 AM »

Fine until the olive wood handle split on the portafilter.  It went on 'injured reserve' list about the same time Favre did.  The portafilter is at the shop getting a remake and hopefully will be up and running when Milo is here in Feb and gets to see the end product of his work in action.

B|Java

I know it would not be the Olive wood gem you are used to but have you considered a backup portafilter in cases like this where one is at the hospital getting a make over?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #269 on: December 29, 2010, 08:54:24 AM »

B|Java

I know it would not be the Olive wood gem you are used to but have you considered a backup portafilter in cases like this where one is at the hospital getting a make over?

???

+1

And some folks like having a bottomless & a regular PF.