Author Topic: Show Off your Espresso Machine  (Read 66215 times)

BoldJava

Re: Show Off your Espresso Machine
« Reply #270 on: December 29, 2010, 03:39:46 PM »
I know it would not be the Olive wood gem you are used to but have you considered a backup portafilter in cases like this where one is at the hospital getting a make over?

No need for a back-up on the espresso.  It is a weekend treat, not the daily go-to caffeine delivery system.  Now, I have backup systems in place for vacpots and pourovers but the olive wood portafilter is sufficient.

B|Java

GC7

« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »
Photos of the newest olive wood handles are posted today and they look beautiful.

I hope one of them is yours. If so it won't be long before you're up and running again.

BoldJava

« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2010, 05:35:06 PM »
Photos of the newest olive wood handles are posted today and they look beautiful.

I hope one of them is yours. If so it won't be long before you're up and running again.

Nah, not mine.  I am patient because I know what how sweet it will be.

mattquist

« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2011, 03:57:19 PM »
Here's my new toy....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:59:14 PM by mattquist »

milowebailey

« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »
Here's my new toy....

;D ;D
(The video's owner prevents external embedding)

Sure is sexy.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:20:54 PM by milowebailey »

mattquist

« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »
It's a Nuova Simonelli Musica Lux.  The white part of the frame is lit by LED's.   HX Pourover Machine, 2Liter Boiler (same as the Oscar) with the group from The Premier/Appia line. Only had it 1 day, but so far I'm happy.  Steams better than my Commercial 2-head Expobar.  Nice machine.  bit overpriced, but I picked it up 1/2 off through Chris' Coffee as a demo.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2011, 06:31:29 PM »
Great looking machine!

Does it work as well as it looks great?

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »
A very impressive looking machine! The controls remind me of the Victoria Arduino Adonis.

I can see why this would be more than double the price of an Oscar. It looks like they took the Oscar, made it into an automatic machine, and added much nicer body work. I especially like that they added a hot water dispenser - that was one of the reasons I got rid of my Oscar; that and the steam wand tip that could empty the milk out of a 32 ounce jug (I wonder if they're still using the 4-hole tip?).

That'll cure you of the ungrade bug Matt, at least for the foreseeable future!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:22:29 AM by Tex »

mattquist

« Reply #278 on: January 12, 2011, 10:29:36 AM »
Thanks for all the positive comments!   I'm starting to get it dialed in.  Went through 3/4 pound of beans last night, and ended up not being able to fall asleep until about 3 from all of the caffeine, but I'm finally starting to get the bitterness worked out of the shots. 

Tex

« Reply #279 on: January 12, 2011, 10:32:51 AM »
Thanks for all the positive comments!   I'm starting to get it dialed in.  Went through 3/4 pound of beans last night, and ended up not being able to fall asleep until about 3 from all of the caffeine, but I'm finally starting to get the bitterness worked out of the shots.  

Send it to me and I'll dial it in for you; in 4 - 5 years!

mattquist

« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2011, 10:39:16 AM »
Not a chance.   My understanding is that it's got the boiler and internal's from the Oscar w/ the addition of the vacuum breaker so that you don't have to open the steam wand at start-up, and that the group head is from the Appia group.  Plus infusion.  The look reminds me of Modernistic Italian art-deco meets Vegas.... If that makes sense.  I'm gonna have to find a smaller tip for the steam wand though.  I"m steaming a 12 oz. pitcher in less than 20 seconds.  I'm not skilled enough for that much steam power...Yet!

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »
Went through 3/4 pound of beans last night, and ended up not being able to fall asleep until about 3 from all of the caffeine, but I'm finally starting to get the bitterness worked out of the shots. 

Classic!

Love it.

Tex

« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2011, 11:19:36 AM »
Not a chance.   My understanding is that it's got the boiler and internal's from the Oscar w/ the addition of the vacuum breaker so that you don't have to open the steam wand at start-up, and that the group head is from the Appia group.  Plus infusion.  The look reminds me of Modernistic Italian art-deco meets Vegas.... If that makes sense.  I'm gonna have to find a smaller tip for the steam wand though.  I"m steaming a 12 oz. pitcher in less than 20 seconds.  I'm not skilled enough for that much steam power...Yet!

Those 4-hole wand tips are lethal to use. For my Oscar, I ended up sticking toothpicks into 2 of the four holes just to prevent being painted with scalding hot milk.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »

Well ... if you face a sleepless night ... at least you know it was due to a good cause.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

milowebailey

« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2011, 04:29:22 PM »
Well I just sold my Brasilia.  This will force me to get the next machine in line up to snuff...

B|Silvia's big brother