Author Topic: roaster control widget  (Read 56896 times)

milowebailey

Re: roaster control widget
« Reply #345 on: July 15, 2010, 05:58:06 AM »
*tap tap tap* Is this thing on?

Anything new in the Milowidget world? My Sonofresco is lonely…  ;)

I'm spooling back up again soon.  My software guru got a job and seems to be working too much and I've been spending all my free time on a kitchen remodel. ;D  but the good news is I'm almost done with my kitchen, so back at the milowidget soon.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #346 on: July 15, 2010, 06:02:43 AM »

I'm spooling back up again soon.  My software guru got a job and seems to be working too much and I've been spending all my free time on a kitchen remodel. ;D  but the good news is I'm almost done with my kitchen, so back at the milowidget soon.

We want pictures of that for sure Larry.

;)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #347 on: July 15, 2010, 03:44:07 PM »

good news is I'm almost done with my kitchen, so back at the milowidget soon.
Man, I thought I had to do a lot of wiffy project to get to play with my projects but never did a kitchen!
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »
I'd sure like to begin my variant of this project shortly.

Control of gas valves is really, really important. I need to start looking at hardware!

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #349 on: September 27, 2010, 04:48:59 PM »
You might check out the knife makers forums. Lots of info there on making PID'ed heat treat furnaces would tend to translate pretty well.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

milowebailey

« Reply #350 on: September 27, 2010, 06:46:53 PM »
I'd sure like to begin my variant of this project shortly.

Control of gas valves is really, really important. I need to start looking at hardware!
Expensive, but there is a solution.  Maxtrol M420RH and a Honeywell Valve SV9501, you need them both if you don't have on on/off valve.  The Maxtrol controls the pressure, the Honeywell on/off, pilot, etc.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #351 on: September 27, 2010, 07:25:20 PM »
I picked up a HVAC damper controller and a PID that will talk to it a few years back... never tried to turn on and off a valve yet...

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2010, 02:53:46 AM »
A damper control "actuator" will control a gas valve, pids are set up to run them.  Much better control if your actuator has slidwire feedback, should see a pot on the actuator or come up with a way to add one. This lets the controler know how open the valve is.  You would need a gas valve that is full on and full off in 90 to 360 degs. The actuators I use at work either swing 90 degs or 180 degs, you can move the stops and get a smaller swing.  I have not been able to find a valve that will do this.  On my roaster I installed a 3/8 needle valve but the adjustment full on to full off is only maybe 10 degs, I need more swing.
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Offline 7over

• Standard User
  • I'd rather fight, than switch!
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2010, 05:34:21 AM »
I picked up a HVAC damper controller and a PID that will talk to it a few years back... never tried to turn on and off a valve yet...

Wait... you invented time warp communications? Tell the PID to tell the HVAC damper controller to purchase some AAPL stock!
Passion + Purpose. It's a beautiful thing.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »

Wait... you invented time warp communications? Tell the PID to tell the HVAC damper controller to purchase some AAPL stock!

I wish they would have let me take the 'English as a second language' course in college  :-[

Tex

« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2010, 04:57:04 PM »

:laughing4:

alongfortheride

« Reply #356 on: October 22, 2010, 05:57:20 AM »
Any progress?  Getting tired of the Hottop 8828D's lack of features.  :)

milowebailey

« Reply #357 on: October 22, 2010, 06:02:49 AM »
I haven't worked to much on it over the summer, but plan to dig back into it in November/December.

I feel your pain on the older hottop.

mhoy

« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »
Just read this thread from beginning to end.  As a long time C programmer, and an owner of a HotTop KN-8828D I'm kind of curious about how it's going.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Tex

« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »
Just read this thread from beginning to end.  As a long time C programmer, and an owner of a HotTop KN-8828D I'm kind of curious about how it's going.

Thanks in advance.
Mark

You're not alone! ???