Author Topic: roaster control widget  (Read 56781 times)

randytsuch

Re: roaster control widget
« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2011, 09:34:16 AM »
I remember the 9800 was a pain to solder, I almost lost it because I was holding it down too hard, and it "flicked" away.

Randy

jimec3

« Reply #376 on: March 04, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »
Looks great. Is the software controlling ejection solenoid, and fan? And if so how are u connecting that to the tc4? I am consumed with anticipation :)
Yes, it will control the entire Hottop.  I'm planning on using the Jeelabs connection for the display (with an adapter) and then use the LCD plug for the hottop controls (it's conveniently 8 pins of digital I/O, power and ground on the correct pins... except for 2 pins, those I'll re-route).

Time to stop dragging my feet and start ordering parts.  I'm not particularly gifted at soldering, maybe two tc4 boards :).

Offline H-D Rider

• Standard User
« Reply #377 on: March 04, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »
Uh Oh Larry
Does this mean I can throw the board away that I soldered up last fall????  And I've been waiting so patiently, too...

milowebailey

« Reply #378 on: March 04, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
Uh Oh Larry
Does this mean I can throw the board away that I soldered up last fall????  And I've been waiting so patiently, too...
Maybe.... don't toss it yet.  Let me make sure it works before anyone spends any $$

jimec3

« Reply #379 on: March 04, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »
Uh Oh Larry
Does this mean I can throw the board away that I soldered up last fall????  And I've been waiting so patiently, too...
Maybe.... don't toss it yet.  Let me make sure it works before anyone spends any $$
But my tax return is burning a hole in my pocket!! Gotta get some coffee toys soon

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
« Reply #380 on: March 06, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »
Yes, it will control the entire Hottop.  I'm planning on using the Jeelabs connection for the display (with an adapter) and then use the LCD plug for the hottop controls (it's conveniently 8 pins of digital I/O, power and ground on the correct pins... except for 2 pins, those I'll re-route).
Very cool ... this makes the HotTop look like a shoo-in for my next roaster.
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

jimec3

« Reply #381 on: March 15, 2011, 01:38:48 PM »
TC4 and arduino enroute to my roasting lair.  This is going to be fun :)

jimec3

« Reply #382 on: March 22, 2011, 07:22:55 PM »
I have it, assembled, and reading temperatures from the hottop, using the "bourbon" program .  I don't know if the newest revision of the tc4 shield is supported by artisan or not.  I cannot seem to get the two to comunicate.  This has been a great learning experence so far.  I cant wait to keep going.

randytsuch

« Reply #383 on: March 22, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »
I have it, assembled, and reading temperatures from the hottop, using the "bourbon" program .  I don't know if the newest revision of the tc4 shield is supported by artisan or not.  I cannot seem to get the two to comunicate.  This has been a great learning experence so far.  I cant wait to keep going.

A user came up with a change to Bourbon to make it work with Artisan, and I dont thing the change was made to the "released" version of Bourbon.
It looks pretty easy to make the change, if you know software.
http://homeroasters.org/php/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2142

Randy

jimec3

« Reply #384 on: March 22, 2011, 11:41:36 PM »
Thanks a million Randy. I'm just jumpin into all this. My next hurdle is getting the tc4 to control the heaters.

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #385 on: March 23, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »
If anyone wants to do anything with wireless remote keypads/display for this stuff, let me know. I'll be pleased to share some code (Arduino) that might save you some time. The piece of value is the reliable wireless transmission of array data, of any data type. Adapting what I've done would be fairly simple. Range: about a hundred yards, ymmv.

randytsuch

« Reply #386 on: March 24, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »
If anyone wants to do anything with wireless remote keypads/display for this stuff, let me know. I'll be pleased to share some code (Arduino) that might save you some time. The piece of value is the reliable wireless transmission of array data, of any data type. Adapting what I've done would be fairly simple. Range: about a hundred yards, ymmv.

I was just starting to look into wireless, will send you a pm.

Randy

milowebailey

« Reply #387 on: March 24, 2011, 08:19:43 AM »
Are you using the Hottop high voltage board or are you using SSRs to control heat, etc.?

jimec3

« Reply #388 on: March 24, 2011, 08:51:11 AM »
Hadn't decided yet. I am interested in following your end result since it seems it will be tailored to the hottop. Did you go ssr or high voltage board?

randytsuch

« Reply #389 on: March 24, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »
Hadn't decided yet. I am interested in following your end result since it seems it will be tailored to the hottop. Did you go ssr or high voltage board?

You might want to see what JimG did to his Hottop
http://homeroasters.org/php/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1774&rowstart=600

Randy