Author Topic: roaster control widget  (Read 56977 times)

milowebailey

Re: roaster control widget
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2009, 06:38:45 AM »
Sweet!

You will need to have an SVN client. I use http://tortoisesvn.net/. You can diff, merge, branch, etc all within the tool. It is a little invasive to your system (sets itself up in your context menus, etc) but causes few, if any, problems.

The SVN menu option on your project tells you the source directory for your project ( https://milowidget.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/milowidget milowidget )

Just load the code up there in logical folders. The discussion can parallel the development either here or in the project discussion forum.

This is gonna be great. I'll offer up our Probat to use as an industrial test machine.

;D

Hey doc

I'm getting the following error with the SVN when I try to export the folder from my computer to the server (I assume that's how I move them), any suggestions?

milowebailey

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2009, 06:41:43 AM »
Shipping costs are VERY expensive  ;D
If he's willing to send it, I'd be happy to pay the shipping! ;D ;D

crholliday

« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2009, 07:22:21 AM »
Even if I was willing, I think my partner Sam would not be.  ;)

The way I do it is start with a root folder (the root of where I want to keep my project), the right click it and select "SVN Checkout". This turns the folder into the working local directory of the project. I then add all the project files and the select them, right click and click "Add". Then you can do an SVN Commit which will upload them and commit them to the first branch.

I did all this and was prompted for the login credentials which you should possess.

milowebailey

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2009, 07:31:24 AM »
Even if I was willing, I think my partner Sam would not be.  ;)

The way I do it is start with a root folder (the root of where I want to keep my project), the right click it and select "SVN Checkout". This turns the folder into the working local directory of the project. I then add all the project files and the select them, right click and click "Add". Then you can do an SVN Commit which will upload them and commit them to the first branch.

I did all this and was prompted for the login credentials which you should possess.

There must be an issue here with the firewall.... I'll try from home this evening.

SamDiscusFlyer

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2009, 07:32:18 AM »
We might work a DEAL  :angel: for shipping.   Of course I first would have to have more Makwa Guiji roasted beans. They taste mighty fine this A.M.

milowebailey

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2009, 07:51:21 AM »
I'll offer up our Probat to use as an industrial test machine.

I'd love to add this to a Probat

Do you have the motor's, blower's, and heat control specs?

We will need to know current, voltage of the motors and blowers and then how to turn the heat on/off - up/down. 

Probably down the road a piece, but I might start thinking about the big fish too as I may design a generic interface board for the controls and thermocouples..... then it's just different version of the code for the Arduino.

milowebailey

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2009, 07:52:10 AM »
We might work a DEAL  :angel: for shipping.   Of course I first would have to have more Makwa Guiji roasted beans. They taste mighty fine this A.M.
I still have a few lbs of the Makwa left :angel:

SamDiscusFlyer

« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2009, 09:40:22 AM »
for the gas measurements we need at least: Volume, pressure, flow rate, flow time.  We get pressure and control the flow in time by manual rate adjustment. We already get the temp curve for beans and environment.

crholliday

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
Probably down the road a piece, but I might start thinking about the big fish too as I may design a generic interface board for the controls and thermocouples..... then it's just different version of the code for the Arduino.

If the whole app is designed using the provider model, we should be able to just plug in the appropriate providers: ProbatProvider, HotTopProvider, SonoWowWowProvider, etc. Its a bit more work up front but will be easier in the long run.

Post up a hardware list so we can order our stuff then we can get caught up with you.

milowebailey

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2009, 05:37:40 PM »

If the whole app is designed using the provider model, we should be able to just plug in the appropriate providers: ProbatProvider, HotTopProvider, SonoWowWowProvider, etc. Its a bit more work up front but will be easier in the long run.

Post up a hardware list so we can order our stuff then we can get caught up with you.

Will do,  The only think I don't know what to tell you to order is which solid state relays.  Also I don't know if you have a circuit prototype board, I'll add that as an option if you need one.  Also a selection of 1/4 watt resistors may be helpful too.

I'll have to dig a little, but I'll post something later.

milowebailey

« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2009, 06:27:35 PM »
I uploaded the current code.

And all the hardware needed to get started.  For those who want to follow along.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:44:53 AM by milowebailey »

milowebailey

« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2009, 06:16:43 PM »
I've been thinking about different ways to set the profile and the flexibility that I'd like with the Sonofresco

The first photo is what I measured at the exhaust temperature that the sonofresco uses for it's profile (I put my thermocouple in the same location as the one they have factory installed.   Notice the sort of preheat ramp and soak they use....

The second photo is the same profile measuring bean temperature... note the over shoot where they were trying to preheat and soak.  I'm hoping the PID will help here.

The third photo is a 5 stage profile that I programmed into the milowidget (not connected to the roaster, but the temperature profile that could be programmed.  I have developed it so that you can select time and temperature for each of the 5 stages.  You can decide what time 1st crack will happen, when to end at what temperature  and 3 other stages to do what you want... preheat,  ramp and soak, etc.... I plan to experiment with different profiles on a known bean just to see the difference. 

The next step is wiring in the milowidget to the sonofresco..... although I may try it first on my old Alpenrost.... unless someone wants to send me a Dietrich IR-3 or another sono ;D ;D   Actually it would be fun with a SC/TO... I may be hunting for one of those soon.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2009, 11:48:20 PM »
Good work Milo.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

milowebailey

« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »
So I decided today to use my old alpenroast as my first Milowidget controlled roaster.   Hope to do a test roast this weekend.

I'll have the fire extinguisher in hand ;D

I'll plot the results and take a few photos for the lurkers >:D interested folks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 12:29:14 PM by milowebailey »

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2009, 12:33:53 PM »
So I decided today to use my old alpenroast as my first Milowidget controlled roaster.   Hope to do a test roast this weekend.

I'll have the fire extinguisher in hand ;D

I'll plot the results and take a few photos for the lurkers >:D interested folks

What happened with the Sonofresco?  Are you doing the AlpenRoast just in case something unpredictable should occur?

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski