Author Topic: roaster control widget  (Read 57032 times)

milowebailey

Re: roaster control widget
« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2009, 07:14:49 AM »
How do you guys get your wives to allow you to roast coffee in their kitchen???
Are they out of town or something? ::)

What's your secret, because I must be doing something wrong. ;)

I am lucky to have enough space for an espresso machine, grinder & Chemex maker... :P

All of my roasting gear is out in the shop...
My method was simple... I told her that if the roaster was in the kitchen then I could spend more time with her instead of being outside or in the basement.... you know multitask.... visit with her while I'm roasting :angel: :angel: :angel:

My espresso machine is not in the kitchen.... it's in the basement.

garybt3

« Reply #211 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »
My spouse goes on these cleaning spurts, (it involves, Clorox, Lysol, rubber gloves & a Dyson Vac cleaner) all weekend long...

I tried hiding out in my shop, roasting coffee all weekend, but whenever I needed to refill my mug I ended up doing things like moving furniture etc.

If I roasted in her kitchen, I'd be chasing chaff all night.  ;)

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #212 on: April 06, 2009, 08:36:22 AM »
My spouse goes on these cleaning spurts, (it involves, Clorox, Lysol, rubber gloves & a Dyson Vac cleaner) all weekend long...

I tried hiding out in my shop, roasting coffee all weekend, but whenever I needed to refill my mug I ended up doing things like moving furniture etc.

If I roasted in her kitchen, I'd be chasing chaff all night.  ;)

Hmm... in your case it sounds like you need an electric kettle, pour over, and grinder in the shop  :icon_scratch:

Tex

« Reply #213 on: April 06, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »
How do you guys get your wives to allow you to roast coffee in their kitchen???
Are they out of town or something? ::)

What's your secret, because I must be doing something wrong. ;)

I am lucky to have enough space for an espresso machine, grinder & Chemex maker... :P

All of my roasting gear is out in the shop...

I just made my wife an omelet with sauteed baby portabella crimini (sp?) in a simple gravy for my Birthday Breakfast...  that kind of treatment pays the rent on the cupboard over the oven and keeps the complaints on the smell of roasting in the pottery studio to a minimum..

Tex

« Reply #214 on: April 06, 2009, 08:45:50 AM »
My method was simple... I told her that if the roaster was in the kitchen then I could spend more time with her ...

Dusting, mopping, doing dishes...

Manly stuff!

Tex

« Reply #215 on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:15 AM »
I just made my wife an omelet with sauteed baby portabella (sp?) in a simple gravy for my Birthday Breakfast...  that kind of treatment pays the rent on the cupboard over the oven and keeps the complaints on the smell of roasting in the pottery studio to a minimum..

PW'd!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2009, 08:53:34 AM »
Every time the counter is left slightly wet by me after the morning coffee rituals my wife begins her rant .... "Can't you take this setup downstairs?".  Meanwhile the kitchen table still has the box she has abandoned with the new Pizzelle machine that she bought and the dining room table has the pasta board and the box that contained the battery operated cake cream dispenser with all it accessories strewn all over it.

:o
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #217 on: April 06, 2009, 09:06:50 AM »
Every time the counter is left slightly wet by me after the morning coffee rituals my wife begins her rant .... "Can't you take this setup downstairs?".  Meanwhile the kitchen table still has the box she has abandoned with the new Pizzelle machine that she bought and the dining room table has the pasta board and the box that contained the battery operated cake cream dispenser with all it accessories strewn all over it.

:o

It took me & Henry VIII a few tries, but we finally figured wives out. There's the important stuff, and our stuff that interferes with the important stuff! ::)

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »
It took me & Henry VIII a few tries, but we finally figured wives out. There's the important stuff, and our stuff that interferes with the important stuff! ::)

Agreed ... but when she wants a cappuccino or two then our stuff gets elevated to important stuff rather quickly.

;D
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2009, 09:15:57 AM »

Agreed ... but when she wants a cappuccino or two then our stuff gets elevated to important stuff rather quickly.

;D

Nah, my wife asks if I'd make her a cap or would I prefer that she run over to Starbuck's to get one. She's actually doing me a favor by letting me use the espresso machine. Wives are wickedly crafty!

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »
I just made my wife an omelet with sauteed baby portabella (sp?) in a simple gravy for my Birthday Breakfast...  that kind of treatment pays the rent on the cupboard over the oven and keeps the complaints on the smell of roasting in the pottery studio to a minimum..

PW'd!

You think so?!?!?  It takes a REAL man to love his wife unconditionally  Ephesians 5:25

milowebailey

« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2009, 10:14:59 AM »
Mrs. Milowebailey does occasionally mention chaff.... I remind her that chaff is a product of coffee roasting and ask her if she likes fresh roasted coffee....she will nod to my logic and then tell me to clean up the chaff ;D  She's pretty reasonable about the whole thing.

Tex

« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2009, 10:25:55 AM »
Mrs. Milowebailey does occasionally mention chaff.... I remind her that chaff is a product of coffee roasting and ask her if she likes fresh roasted coffee....she will nod to my logic and then tell me to clean up the chaff ;D  She's pretty reasonable about the whole thing.

Sounds just like Mrs. T, very reasonable as long as I do what she tells me to do, when she tells me to do it! It must be a love match; why else would she put up with the likes of me?

garybt3

« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2009, 12:12:07 PM »

And now I return the 'borrowed' thread with:

Hey Larry, how close are you to fixing the control panel whatchamacallit for the hotttop?

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2009, 12:19:48 PM »
And now I return the 'borrowed' thread with:

Hey Larry, how close are you to fixing the control panel whatchamacallit for the hotttop?

Not till you tell us where you're wife lets you keep the coffee equipment.

:)
lp, 7-Ski