Author Topic: Toper Cafemino (1 KG)  (Read 4543 times)

sgreen

Re: Toper Cafemino (1 KG)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 10:13:44 PM »
I have a half formed and hazy suspicion that you may have a problem with either your switches or your relays. It sounds like you are only getting half of the circuit energized.

It is remotely possible that you are really only passing about half the current you need through the heaters. It's the whole double throw, double pole relay thing. They could be cross wired to share a common connection so that they can't pass current separately but can together.

I'd love to sell you a roaster (Forex is the Hong Kong distributor for the machines we sell from Minneapolis) but I think it's likely we can help you troubleshoot your Toper. If you don't already have my phone number from the website, email me tomorrow and we can take a crack at it.

Steve@Millcityroasters.com

Pyment

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »
This thread began in 2010. In the intervening years, I have figured out it was/is the switch. There are 2 lights below the switch each lights for one of the circuits.  The left one (the circuit that comes on when the switch is turned to one) doesn't always light when it is turned to 2.  I am betting it is due to dust on contacts. If I flip it back and forth a few times, it works again. It's more of a problem if I don't roast for a while. So, I figure it is dust.

I still have problems intermittently and have to pay attention to the lights. All in all I like my Toper, but may be ready to move on to an LP unit.

I may be able to get to Minneapolis but it would be a Saturday thing if that can be worked out.

I did send you an email recently with lots of questions.

I'll post some more in the other thread for questions about your roasters.

Pyment

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 02:21:35 AM »
Well the newest item on the Toper is that I am looking at converting it to a gas roaster and putting in a touch screen profile control. Preliminary costs would be ~ $1600.

I am guessing that blows any safety certifications out the window.

It conjures up some interesting coffee images

or maybe