Author Topic: Bunn Trifecta Home - New Product Debut at CoffeeCon 2012  (Read 8956 times)

milowebailey

Re: Bunn Trifecta Home - New Product Debut at CoffeeCon 2012
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 05:49:12 AM »
The question is how much technology do you need to produce a good cup of coffee.

about  $2.25 including a filter

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 07:55:54 AM »
The question is how much technology do you need to produce a good cup of coffee.

But we are GCBC so we would have to pimp that out with scales, timers, TDS meters, top end grinders.  That $2.25 filter would cost us $500.   And we would work for months getting it better.  Maybe a 35 sec preinfusion would be better that 30 sec.?
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Tex

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »

But we are GCBC so we would have to pimp that out with scales, timers, TDS meters, top end grinders.  That $2.25 filter would cost us $500.   And we would work for months getting it better.  Maybe a 35 sec preinfusion would be better that 30 sec.?

<sigh> You seem to know milo pretty well. To an engineer technology is a drug, not a hammer - and he hits it pretty hard!

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 08:36:42 AM »
$500 and you are making a perfect cup every time.

I would not even call the shop version a perfect cup so I'm guessing the less expensive home version would not outperform it...

It's probably a fun toy and worth the $ (especially if you like French Press) but I don't expect it to bring you exceptionally better coffee than pourover, FP, AP, etc..
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 08:52:41 AM »
$500 and you are making a perfect cup every time.

I would not even call the shop version a perfect cup so I'm guessing the less expensive home version would not outperform it...

It's probably a fun toy and worth the $ (especially if you like French Press) but I don't expect it to bring you exceptionally better coffee than pourover, FP, AP, etc..

Welcome back John.

I had not seen or heard from you for some time.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 08:57:08 AM »
I've been VERY busy.

It's been an interesting time.. Hopefully I'll be able to get back here pretty soon and tell about it.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
I've been VERY busy.

It's been an interesting time.. Hopefully I'll be able to get back here pretty soon and tell about it.

Yes ... hopefully you will.

I look forward to hearing your tails.

(PS ... Your Nick Dias got beat  ;D)

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

ecc

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »

On second thought, wow, can't wait to try it.   :-X
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 07:14:37 PM by ecc »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »

If you let a guy run all night and still out point you, you deserve to lose.
I'm guessing his camp has found some new motivation.

Lee Morrison

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »

If you let a guy run all night and still out point you, you deserve to lose.
I'm guessing his camp has found some new motivation.

Did you watch the same fight?

It's not called running, it's called guerilla warfare. It's not called outpointing it's called significant strikes:

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/condit-vs-diaz-official-ufc-statistics.html

Condit made Diaz look like an amateur.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »

Condit made Diaz look like an amateur.

I agree with that.

Styles make fights...specific fight plans are for top performers, and the scoreboard doesn't lie.

Condit W
Diaz L

I don't think GSP will have a problem with Condit and I hope this loss sends Diaz a msg and the eventual match up for his shot will be a good fight.

Lee Morrison

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 04:58:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure GSP will do to Condit what Condit just did to Diaz. It's an intriguing match up and I'm looking forward to watching it. GSP will win and then Diaz will be in a pickle because he's gonna have to decide whether he steps up and tries to back all his trash talk knowing full well that GSP will deploy a GSP we've never seen before... or Diaz will skulk away. Both choices will be hard and both choices won't be very good for him.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
Diaz will be in a pickle because he's gonna have to decide whether he steps up and tries to back all his trash talk knowing full well that GSP will deploy a GSP we've never seen before... or Diaz will skulk away.

I hope he accepts his challenge and gets in the cage with what has to be one of the best 2 fighters that has ever done so.

Meanwhile I've been suffering maddening frustration because I'm just a few steps removed from somebody that has done that very thing. I'm obsessed with the idea of trying to learn what goes on in a persons mind that is about to step into the cage with a GSP. Can they really psyc themselves up to believe they will win? Do they actually have undermining doubts like "holy #$^$% this is GSP....he is going to kill me".. What goes on in the mind of a person that gets closed in there with GSP?

I know somebody that knows a guy that knows first hand.....I've been trying to find a way to 1) get close enough to ask 2) figure out a way to ask that isn't disrespectful.

Lee Morrison

Tex

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 08:23:36 PM »
OK John, now I'm ready to hear the tale!

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2012, 08:51:43 PM »
Wow, three sessions full already?

I wonder if Kevin and Pat knew what they were getting in for. Planning for 1000 . . . what if they get 2000?  =8^o

The Trifecta's pretty cool. It's definitely on my "get one" list -- but (a) so's a lot of other stuff -- including a different house, and (b) I'll probably still make most of my best coffee with a Hario or some other manual pourover. Or an Aero. Oh, yeah -- (c) some good Espresso hardware. Oh heck, (d) world peace. It's as likely as any of that other stuff.   ;)