Author Topic: Bunn Trifecta Home - New Product Debut at CoffeeCon 2012  (Read 8958 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Bunn Trifecta Home - New Product Debut at CoffeeCon 2012
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:18 PM »
I want (and can't afford) a Trifecta for one purpose: to dial in my roasts. Its repeatability -- coupled with a sound grinder -- ensures all variables would be controlled for except the roast. Cup a few different roasts of one bean in the same session with this thing, and even a dull palate like mine might be able to discriminate and judge things better.

C'mon, man.  You had the AP dialed in.  Blindfolded.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tinola

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 12:06:08 AM »
Planning on getting this in the Fall. Was just wondering, how long does the trifecta heat up to temp in the morning?
Can it be on at all times?(seems like it'd consume a lot of energy if it's on all the time)

jbviau

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 06:26:18 AM »
^^^ The Trifecta MB is always on (no power switch). After 6 hours idle the heater drops to 140 degrees F to conserve energy. It takes about a minute to get back up to 200 F from there in the morning. After 26 hours idle the heater turns off entirely, and it takes more like 2 minutes for the machine to recover from this deep sleep in terms of temperature. Haven't measured electricity consumption.

jimbo

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 07:26:37 AM »
I tried it in a head-to-head with a syphon and it was a dead heat.

This is my point.  I can get a nice siphon for $40, or even one of the higher end Conas for $200.  Bottom line though, is what you can afford, personal taste, and personal preference.  I'm looking forward to trying the Enflavor Siphon which, if memory serves, will retail for under $150.

As an aside, my wife and I stopped at the Bunn table and looked at the MyCafe.  I asked the guy demoing the product what the water temp was.  I got a deer-in-headlights look.  Uh, oh.  Not good.  He had to ask his partner.  ::)  Hummm...

Jimbo

BozemanEric

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »
Has anyone used one of  these at 5000 feet or higher?  Will they still hold a brew temp around 200°?  That was my problem when looking at the TV. It started around 200 but by the time it pumped it up to the shower head it was closer to 195 when it hiti the grounds.

jbviau

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 08:35:51 AM »
Not sure, but the manual does explain how to put it into high-altitude mode (for over 4000 ft.), whatever that does. Might be worth asking Amanda Crossland at Bunn about (Amanda.Crossland@bunn.com).

Tinola

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2013, 10:43:32 AM »
^^^ The Trifecta MB is always on (no power switch). After 6 hours idle the heater drops to 140 degrees F to conserve energy. It takes about a minute to get back up to 200 F from there in the morning. After 26 hours idle the heater turns off entirely, and it takes more like 2 minutes for the machine to recover from this deep sleep in terms of temperature. Haven't measured electricity consumption.

Thanks a bunch! Hopefully it doesn't use up a lot of energy...

Offline sosha

• Standard User
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 06:57:51 AM »

Thanks a bunch! Hopefully it doesn't use up a lot of energy...

I have it hooked up to one of these: http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C009
LMWDP #440

BozemanEric

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2013, 07:53:44 AM »
Does anyone have any new reviews on these? We have been thinking about getting one. R and I are getting up at different times in the morning, I am super busy, and half the days I leave the house without any coffee. For most, this might not be a bad thing but we do not have a coffee shop that makes a decent cup.   A single cup, extremely quick, brewer would be very nice for us.

BozemanEric

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2013, 08:29:03 AM »
This is what I got back from Bunn about brewing at 5000 feet.

Hi Eric,

The trifecta MB has a hot water tank that reaches 200 degrees.  You can easily reprogram the brewer for high altitude by pushing the Brew button 5 times in under 5 seconds.  At your elevation and in high altitude mode, it'll be about 190 degrees,   

Hope this helps,
Amanda

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2013, 08:14:05 AM »
I just got one of these for my work and coupled it with a Baratza Vario W with steel burrs. A great cup of coffee with very little effort.

So far, this is my preferred brewing method and sure beats the Keurig that it replaced.

jbviau

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2013, 07:11:36 PM »
^^^ Sweet work set-up. Do you let anyone else touch it? Extra brew chambers would be a must if you do, I'm thinking, to make back-to-back cups easier.