Coffee Discussion boards > Hardware & Equipment

Coffee Crafters Artisan 6 fluid bed roaster

<< < (20/20)

compaddict:
Well shoot! Might give them a call and se if they will adjust?
Vince

Benjamin:

--- Quote from: compaddict on August 20, 2019, 10:50:33 AM ---Well shoot! Might give them a call and se if they will adjust?
Vince

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I already got in touch. Ken said it was a "long overdue" price adjustment to reflect the increased costs of building the machine and that it "didn't make sense to be 40%cheaper than their nearest competitor."

If there had been changes to the design, I could have considered, but he tried to sell me on the post-sale service and business advice.

compaddict:
I see they lowered the price increase 500.00.

Ascholten:
You might also, it depends on your setup, just get the roaster part and that's it.
I didn't get the chaff collector bean cooler and all that pooftery stuff, I roast outside, I don't need all that crap, just let it blow into the grass.  With that, the machine that was like 4900 or whatever it was, I only paid like 2800 for the one piece instead of all 3 or 4.

Also, did you consider used?  I know several people are selling their 5's and 6's and even some 3's to move up to the bigger units.  He mentioned something to me about a forum or something where people are buy / sell / trading them.  Unless someone dropped it off the back of a truck, I don't see much of anything inside that couldn't be fixed / replaced for more than a few hundred bucks.

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version