Coffee Discussion boards > Hardware & Equipment

Huky 500 profiles / Q&A / Tips and tricks.

(1/15) > >>

John F:
Along with the group buy thread I'll sticky this thread.

I think I'll post my quick vid of the perf drum siding damper to kick off the thread and so  it doesn't get lost.

Huky 500 perf drum: http://youtu.be/J7rsvgCZNJk

Joe:
That is pretty trick. Is there a lever that lets you control it?

John F:
Yes.

The wood handle by the motor opens/closes the damper. 

wideasleep1:
I received zippo instructions, so we're on our own to figure things out...I just wanted to start sortova checklist from unboxing to final assembly and function (I'll update this post as I discover things).

1) Unbox and unwrap everything, as an opportunity to inventory, and identify each component. (what does this thermocouple do?)
2) Match the delivered order to your original order: ask fellow members if in doubt, but email Mr. Li with any obvious oversights.
2) Install bean door: Locate the supplied hinge and screws, and the supplied food grade lubricant (HUKY label!) and inject a glob of lube on the END of the installed hinge (left). Smear a bit on the end of the door rod, and insert the door rod into the fixed hinge. Temporarily align the free hinge (now on the right) to the groove on the door rod. Carefully check alignment of the hinge holes to the tapped holes in Huky's faceplate. Alignment will require sliding the rod further into the left hinge until the free hinge and holes line up. Once it looks aligned, remove the free hinge, and smear and drop a glob of the lubricant in its groove. Insert the two screws into the hinge and carefully replace the hinge onto the rod. With a free hand, use the torx driver supplied, and prepare to drive the screws once alignement has been attained. Loose at first until both screws are started, gently screw the hinge until secure. 'Two fingers' tight should be enough..AVOID stripping the threads in Huky's faceplate.

John F:
I wondered what that lubricant syringe was for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version