Author Topic: Lysander Pro-lab sample roaster  (Read 2863 times)

Onemeanbean

Lysander Pro-lab sample roaster
« on: April 27, 2015, 10:49:19 PM »
Has any one purchased a Lysander 200g Pro-sample roaster. It has great counter appeal for a butane heated roaster, simple and rugged, and is so low tech there is not much to go wrong with it. The Asian company offering it is Billiecafe, which also sells Toper.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Re: Lysander Pro-lab sample roaster
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:08:11 PM »
Interesting I saw one of these in the Taiwan Airport.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline MGLloyd

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:28:39 AM »
It looks like an updated version of the FZ-RR-700 from Israel back around 2009 or so.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd
Arlington, Washington  USA

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 12:33:45 PM »
Where do you get butane at?  I haven't seen it around here, yet to be honest have not looked for it really, except the tiny cans to fill cigarette lighters with.

With that, how hard would it be to convert to propane I wonder.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 10:50:25 PM »
You can get it at a lot of places. Sporting goods stores, Amazon i think. You can get refills for butane lighters. But I would look to do a huky style heat source on this. They have these roasters for about $400 on Aliexpress. I have an email in to check on pricing, I have heard prices as small as $200-300 for some old posts on this. I will check if there can be a group discount price setup for us.

I think this is a great concept for a sample roaster and it would be a fun sample roaster for me personally. If I get one I will review it

[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37