Author Topic: Recent MCR threads and admins reactions.  (Read 1774 times)

Offline rcmitchell

• Standard User
  • Where ever I go, there I am
Recent MCR threads and admins reactions.
« on: November 10, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »
Over the years I've belonged to a lot of forums.  Ive posted, flamed and on one occasion got banned (back in my younger rebel days).  I've lurked around this forum for about a year and have posted a few comments.  After reading the last couple of posts in the MCR feedback thread I felt compelled to post this.

I applaud the administrators for thier position and I appreciate what has been created here "Our style is more like lets make sure everyone says what they need to say and has an opportunity to do so...peaceably assemble stuff" all the more so.  Cudos gentlemen and thank you for this forum!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Re: Recent MCR threads and admins reactions.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »
Over the years I've belonged to a lot of forums.  Ive posted, flamed and on one occasion got banned (back in my younger rebel days).  I've lurked around this forum for about a year and have posted a few comments.  After reading the last couple of posts in the MCR feedback thread I felt compelled to post this.

I applaud the administrators for thier position and I appreciate what has been created here "Our style is more like lets make sure everyone says what they need to say and has an opportunity to do so...peaceably assemble stuff" all the more so.  Cudos gentlemen and thank you for this forum!

Wow! Thanks RCMitchell. It's not often that we are appreciated for going against the grain on this stuff. But it's who we have always been. I think John said it best "we are a bunch of scoundrels from Day 1". - Like Han Solo
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 07:04:25 PM »
We do dig us some free speech here.  8)

Thanks for noticing.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Kind_Karma

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:47:23 PM »
As somebody who might have had a post regarding MCR *cough*, I agree. Thank you for posting this. Over @ H-B, I kept telling the admin that my intention was to get feedback/ideas/suggestions from the roaster community. It's funny because I forgot what my login info was for that site, so I made a new one, which made my post look fishy.

I have bought lots of awesome beans from here and have learned a lot about roasting/cupping. I have gone from a popcorn popper, to Hottop and ready for my first commercial propane roaster. By allowing the last MCR post here, this provided different feedback from the vendor, which solved the problem and helped the person who posted *cough* get back to that place of awesomeness for roasting :)

Thanks & Peace.