Author Topic: Leaky steam valve  (Read 2836 times)

Offline Alaroast

• Standard User
Leaky steam valve
« on: January 28, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »
My machine is the Kitchen Aid Pro Line Espresso (KPES100). It's no longer made but is an excellent double boiler machine for home use. I've read somewhere where the guts to this machine are the same as the some Gaggia machines. Anyway, any thoughts on why my steam valve drips when I turn on the machine? There is also moisture in the grouphead/portafilter during warm up. This probably comes with age but are there some gaskets or O-rings that can be replaced to eliminate the drips?
Fiorenzato espresso, Ceado E6P v2 grinder, USRC 3kg roaster

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
Re: Leaky steam valve
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 06:26:15 PM »
How much dripping are we talking about? I just aim the wand down into the drip tray and just ignore the couple of drips I get every now and then.

var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 09:52:10 PM »
I've read that on La Spaz Vivaldis (which may or may not correlate to your KA) when the water level sensor in the steam boiler gets crudded up it affects the amount of water vs. steam in the boiler and can be a cause of a dripping wand.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Alaroast

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 01:54:09 PM »
There is a constant drip while the machine is turned on, just annoying and didn't always do that. Next time I descale, I'll open things up and compare with Gaggia on partsguru to see if its worth fixing.
Fiorenzato espresso, Ceado E6P v2 grinder, USRC 3kg roaster

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 04:22:49 PM »
There is a constant drip while the machine is turned on, just annoying and didn't always do that. Next time I descale, I'll open things up and compare with Gaggia on partsguru to see if its worth fixing.
I am betting that a seal on your valve is starting to go south. however my Elektra valve had a thing where if you over tightened it, it actually depressed the valve allowing for leaks, so you had to hand tighten until there was no leaks but that when you moved the valve steam/water would come out..
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:41:11 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37