Author Topic: Smoke Eaters  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Monito

• Distributor
  • I have 4 coffee Roasters and I don't collect them!
Smoke Eaters
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:21:08 AM »
For those of you that may be having neighbors complaints about smoke. I bought a demo unit that works incredibly. Its a Trident 850 (overkill but great for the price).

Ill upload a video later...

Pat

Offline NightFlight

• Standard User
Re: Smoke Eaters
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 11:48:29 AM »
Can you please provide a link to these?

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 02:29:41 PM »
If someone whines about smoke, tell them it's your wifes cooking, they should know better than to complain any further :D

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Monito

• Distributor
  • I have 4 coffee Roasters and I don't collect them!
Smoke Eaters
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
http://trimist.com

I bought mine used (demo unit) from eBay. Looked brand new. I love it. I roast inside and vent smelly gases outside.

Pat
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 09:07:27 AM by Monito »

Offline NightFlight

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 07:32:06 AM »
Thank you!

Offline pwest

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 04:29:13 PM »

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 06:10:38 PM »
Living is hazardous to your health, it leads to death!!

Im sure with all the car exhaust fumes, industrial chemicals and pot head smoke we breathe in every day, a little coffee haze is not going to harm us that bad.

Also FWIW we have a coffee plant here in jacksonville.   The workers are provided with plenty of fume masks, gas masks, filters etc to wear if they want.  They offer the same in the power plants.  Most choose NOT to wear them, yet if they get sick want to kick and scream.  You were offered protection and refused it.  Are  you really that concerned on your health or is your union telling you to say that for some kind of compensation?  Some of these 'concerns' we see are more times than not money grabs. 

You can always find another job too, sorry but a coffee roaster is  NOT one of the higher skill set jobs, your skills will apply in McDonalds as well really, no coffee smoke there to harm you.

I don't want to wear a seat belt because it's uncomfortable, and it's my RIGHT, to not wear it.  Yet first time I go thru the windshield, IF I survive I want to sue the auto maker, and anyone else I can.

Working in a paint factory is dangerous too, that is why they give you PPE.... use it.

But back to the OP, unless you are roasting several times a day, or HUGE batches, the little smoke created is no worse than smoking a cigarette or cigar, cooking bacon in the morning, or a BBQ / Smoker.  If your neighbors are that pussified that they will whine, well, tell them to put a plastic bag over their heads and it will protect them :D

Aaron

As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 07:47:17 AM »
Did somebody say, 'cigar'?   8)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 11:47:21 AM »

Cigars lead to loneliness. Cigarettes lead to commiserating.

I haven't had cigars with any regularity in years and now when i have one (usually once a year at this point) I can't get through it. I waste a cigar these days.

But Yeah Pete you should definitely get a Smoke eater with a nice chair in it for when you want to light up.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »

Cigars lead to loneliness. Cigarettes lead to commiserating.

I haven't had cigars with any regularity in years and now when i have one (usually once a year at this point) I can't get through it. I waste a cigar these days.

But Yeah Pete you should definitely get a Smoke eater with a nice chair in it for when you want to light up.

;D   ;D   ;D
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you