Author Topic: Technivorm moccamaster kbgt 10  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Technivorm moccamaster kbgt 10
« on: June 22, 2016, 05:41:57 PM »

I scored one on eBay. I thought this would be more of an overhyped Brewer. But I am very impressed with the quality of the brew especially the way the delicate notes come out in the coffee. I am using my freiling gold filter and I'm not doing the swirl stop method or noting just straight brew.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:59:05 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Technivorm moccamaster kgbt 10
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »
I love my Moccamaster, not sure which model but it's a nice sized ten cup pot.
Yes it does an awesome brew and brings out the flavors very well.

I have a washable filter in mine, I don't like paper, it takes some of the flavor out I think.
Keep the flow thingie about half clicked and the coffee generally comes out excellent. 
I do however like to play with it, close it off, let it get about to top stir let coffee run thru, close off repeat etc until done.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
Re: Technivorm moccamaster kbgt 10
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:18:51 PM »
Yeah that sounds like the KBG version which has the switch for the flow rate. Mine has the pause and serve deal. Holy crap is this brewer fast? I paused the brew swirled it around in the basket today and I like the stock no swirl version better so far. I also used some citric acid to clean the stainless caraf.

The Caraf btw is pretty ingenious it really keeps the coffee hot for a long time and pours very nicely no messing around with opening or closing anything. I was very surprised by the caraf design.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 03:43:26 PM »
ahh.  Mine is a traditional glass pot.
YES it brews very fast, the temperature of the water you put in makes a difference.
When it get it out of my Atmospheric Water Generator, it's cold, so takes a little longer, but if I put room temp or warm / hot water in it screams through there.  That thing don't play around!  It's stunning when people who wait 20 minutes for their Mr. coffee to puke up a pot of glop then whe you look at this thing it can have your pot finished in under 5 minutes, wow.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline kevsnova

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 06:02:30 AM »
I have one as well. I find the coffee swells (fresh) up and out the back of the filter on a few different bean types, still easy to clean.
I should brew less then a full pot with some of my more gassier coffee
Kevin

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 06:25:25 AM »
kevs, for the swelling issue.  Grind your coffee then wait 5 to 10 minutes before brewing it.  Sometimes that helps keep the gas down, it lets it dissipate off some from cutting up the beans.
Aaron

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 10:34:02 PM »
Technivorm is worth the money..I love it. I don't miss the bonavita and that is tough. I still miss the newco a bit but the show from the brew on the technivorm is amazing. I am still a bit perplexed at how the thermal caraf mechanism works...

Offline fffolks

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 02:13:06 PM »
I picked one up on eBay based on your recommendation. I just got a new roomy office, so it will probably live at work. I have been doing multiple pour overs, so maybe this will make me more productive  :)
Coffee, the favorite drink of the civilized world.
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 02:15:41 PM »
I picked one up on eBay based on your recommendation. I just got a new roomy office, so it will probably live at work. I have been doing multiple pour overs, so maybe this will make me more productive  :)

Nice,

It's interesting, I was just Glamping in Borrego springs and my travel setup PeDe grinder you gave me + Hario V60 worked wonders. Just got back made a technivorm of the same coffee....Amazing.

A quick photo I took of the milky way
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:39:33 PM by Joe »