Author Topic: New Hottop  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
New Hottop
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:20:40 AM »
So if you are wondering who bought RobertL's hottop, it was me.  The old hottop has seen its better days.  So I figured an upgrade was due.  I am very happy with the new machine.  Thanks Robert I really do enjoy the control and the improved heater.  I am amazed at how much easier it is to roast and how having control of the heater and fan changes the coffee profile.

The old machine was a push the button and stand back.  I am keeping the old girl for parts and nostalgia.  I am still learning the new machine but the coffee is good.

(from Poinciana, Florida)
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: New Hottop
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 02:18:26 PM »
IM glad you like your new machine Nucer.  Having control over the heat and fan speed (which can also control the heat somewhat) is a big plus to roasting.  If you start having 'issues' you can do stuff to correct them and not just sit back and go oh shit, I hope it doesn't tank too bad,

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

RobertL

Re: New Hottop
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »
Glad to hear you're enjoying it! Are you using the Omega probes to monitor the roast? If you don't want to get into data logging I suggest grabbing a couple of meters to monitor the temps. That's how I used them for years only upgrading to a Phidgets recently. Below is a pic of the meter I used.