Author Topic: Tiny Roasting Drum  (Read 1662 times)

ButtWhiskers

Tiny Roasting Drum
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »
Found these on clearance at Home Depot for $3!   Aluminum, with a solid garden hose fitting.  Not too difficult to pop apart and put some stir vanes in.  Hope to get one of these set up with an old rotisserie motor, a cooking pot insulated with ceramic fiber, and a bunsen burner in order to have a 4oz flame-driven sample roaster...  Probably get it going on Saturday during the morning roasting...

Shannon22

Re: Tiny Roasting Drum
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »
Are these online or at your local Home Depot?

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:50:35 AM »
They are at my local Home Depot, but they are also online at several places for under $5.  They are called 'hose-end bubblers'.
http://doitbest.com/Hose+Accessories-Gilmour+Group-model-315MTL-doitbest-sku-701082.dib

You have to take it apart to remove the plastic mesh inside, and the rubber gasket/screen at the connection needs to go as well.

Found a $25 Home Depot gift card while cleaning my desk last night, so I am going to go buy the rest of the 'clearance' ones here in town if the mini-roaster pans out tomorrow.

Offline Monito

• Distributor
  • I have 4 coffee Roasters and I don't collect them!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 12:59:13 PM »
They are at my local Home Depot, but they are also online at several places for under $5.  They are called 'hose-end bubblers'.
http://doitbest.com/Hose+Accessories-Gilmour+Group-model-315MTL-doitbest-sku-701082.dib

You have to take it apart to remove the plastic mesh inside, and the rubber gasket/screen at the connection needs to go as well.

Found a $25 Home Depot gift card while cleaning my desk last night, so I am going to go buy the rest of the 'clearance' ones here in town if the mini-roaster pans out tomorrow.

Did you tell MrsWhiskers about how you are spending $25?  ;)

Monito

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »

Did you tell MrsWhiskers about how you are spending $25?  ;)

Monito

Heck no!  She'd probably want me to do something stupid with it, like fix a leaky faucet or (God forbid) buy paint and actually do some legitimate work around here!!   ::)   Getting more coffee-related stuff that I will probably never use is much more important!!