Author Topic: Behmor Jake  (Read 3977 times)

Offline Benjamin

• Standard User
Behmor Jake
« on: August 20, 2019, 07:33:12 PM »
Looks like Behmor is moving upmarket and putting out a Bullet contender. Anybody else have thoughts/experience/news?
Behmor 1600+
Orphan Espresso Lido E
Moka (6+12), Fr. Press

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Behmor Jake
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 08:50:22 AM »
Indeed they are. Check this out.

behmor.com/jake-kilo-roaster/

Enjoy!

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline anastasio

• Standard User
  • Home roasting since 2008
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 06:25:36 AM »
Got a reply from their website inquiry on 4/10/2020:

"We will soon be introducing our large capacity Kilo roaster, release date TBA, and details will follow as we have more info...Suggested retail price is $2495."

Offline Benjamin

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 04:35:22 PM »
Who knows when I'll have the money for it...some other people have had good ideas about going with the Bullet because it's already had a couple of releases so the bugs are worked out more than the Jake.

Hope that by the time I am ready to purchase there are some good unbiased reviews from the good folks on GCBC so I have some points for comparison  8)
Behmor 1600+
Orphan Espresso Lido E
Moka (6+12), Fr. Press

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 06:20:11 AM »
It's going to have to come out first and to be honest, Id say give it a good year to get honest reviews with it.  If there is something glaringly bad, it will show pretty quick, but the little quirks that may take a while to show up, or take a while for you to get tired of them enough to become annoyed can take a bit longer to manifest.  A good example would be the original Behmor's habit of shutting down mid roast if you start it on a cold day w/o a dry run first.  You won't see this issue until you.... start it on a cold day, so if you bought it in say april, it might be december before you have an issue, and january by the time you go, oh wow, that wasn't just a one time thing, it's a problem.

Hopefully they put some thought into their new product, listened to their customers and put something out that works good.  A kilo roaster at that price range would be nice indeed, especially if it can actually roast a full kilo, and not just if your voltage is super high and it's brand new.  It will be interesting to see though how their heating element (im assuming its the quartz element thing again) ages in it as well.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 02:08:42 PM »
guaranteed it's manufactured in China. So I would basically hard pass on that bad boy. manufacture that in Ohio or even Taiwan and it would be a good idea at this point.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 03:00:04 PM »
After some of the stuff we've seen happen recently, I am willing to pass on pretty much everything made in china at this point.  America has itself to blame to be honest, we are the ones who elected our corrupt politicians who outsourced everything or made it very convenient to do so.  Will we learn and start buying Made In America again?   Time will tell.

Given the finger pointing that is going on between many nations and china over the covid, Id not want a thing from there, simply because if / when the embargo's start, good luck getting the stuff you paid for, or parts to fix it.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 03:24:09 PM »
After some of the stuff we've seen happen recently, I am willing to pass on pretty much everything made in china at this point.  America has itself to blame to be honest, we are the ones who elected our corrupt politicians who outsourced everything or made it very convenient to do so.  Will we learn and start buying Made In America again?   Time will tell.

Given the finger pointing that is going on between many nations and china over the covid, Id not want a thing from there, simply because if / when the embargo's start, good luck getting the stuff you paid for, or parts to fix it.

Aaron

I'm more upset that "made in China" makes no sense, the intellectual rights is gone, the workers wages aren't enough of a discount and you look bad if you do, the ownership of your company goes out the window, the shipping is crazy expensive, the logistics are a nightmare.... I hope every country pulls out of China, the benefits don't outweigh the sacrifices..
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 04:33:14 PM »
They don't anymore.  Many of these so called 'companies' today, and this is not a cheap shot at any one individual, but they are nothing more than resellers.  They don't care about reputation, integrity etc, all they want is to make a fast buck.  Shipping if you get it by the connex full, is not too terribly bad.  At least it didn't used to be.  you go through conglomerators or whatever they are called, get a bunch of these half connex / full connex loads, enough to put in a cargo hold and off they go.  Butter the right palms and they pass customs with barely a glance.

China has a HUGE, or had a huge interest here in the US,  they'd ship in shit by the boatload literally, and dump it off into warehouses to just store it, until it's sold to smaller distributors.  Look how many chineese sellers there are on E bay, most of them drop ship out of the same shitty warehouse complex in New Jersey or wherever.  You will see 100 sellers, all selling the same cheap thing, at a few pennies off from each other, if they even do that, all copying the same ingrish translations of the lies the product supposedly does.  100 different sellers, the same damned thing from the same cheap manufacturer.  That's just E bay,  now lets throw in Amazon, and how many whore out their cheap crap via bots on craigslist etc etc.

If you do happen to have something novel, not for long, they will steal your tech, and sell YOUR item, for 5 bucks cheaper via one of their E bay shills.  Good luck suing someone you don't know overseas.  E bay and the likes tend to turn a blind eye too to this stuff, they get their 10 percent so don't care about 'all the other stuff'.  Pay pal is in bed with them too so.  Even if an account gets canned, another one pops up almost overnight, self sells a few hundred items, and poof, a preferred BESTEST EVER seller on E bay.

I have a feeling though once all this crap is over, Made in America is going to become a thing again, and it's about damned time too!

Aaron