Author Topic: ** Indian ROBUSTA 100 Lb 1.17.24  (Read 13726 times)

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Indian ROBUSTA 80 lb Left
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2020, 07:58:01 AM »
Robusta is on it's way out.

As a note, a blend of this 50 / 50 with my Robusta gives a drinkable cup, better than Big Blue or Red but will wire you bigly  O0

I have roasted it each separate and I have mixed it and roasted both together with not too horrible results.  I call it my mother in laws blend.

80 Lb Left

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline JeffyT

• Standard User
Re: Indian ROBUSTA 80 lb Left
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2020, 07:49:35 PM »
Hi Aaron,

I'd like 15 lbs plz... Paypal sent.

Jeff

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Indian ROBUSTA 100 Lb
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2020, 03:28:02 PM »
This coffee is back on sale.

I have 100 Lbs left

Thank you for your patience.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2020, 03:33:22 PM »
Jeff, your order was kerfluffled a bit.
It will be going out TOMORROW.

Everyone elses is out.

Also, as general info for people.

YES, this IS Robusta,  not top shelf stuff.   BUT if you don't creamate it when roasting it, and let it rest, 2 weeks or so, it actually is not horribly bad for what it is.  It calms WAY down bitterwise at that point, and smooths out quite a bit.

For those who use this to blend,  If you use older robusta that has had a chance to mature a bit with your coffee's I think you will find that you like it a LOT better than using a rather newly roasted robusta, with your rather newly roasted... whatever.

BTW this coffee will stay decent for 2 months or more EASILY w/o tasting stale (if thats possible with robusta!!)  My point being,  roast a pound or two, don't fret over letting it rest a few weeks, THEN using it over the next month or three for your Robby blends, instead of putting 2 to 5 day old robusta in your blends.

Aaron

Edit: Let me also add, just because it's robusta, you DO NOT have to take it into second crack.  THAT is where you $$#$ things up, by doing what the other big guys do!!   It WILL probably want a bit more heat to do it's thing but stop it at the end of first crack and you'll be fine after some rest.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 03:42:14 PM by Ascholten »

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2020, 08:19:11 AM »
Hello everyone:

ALL ORDERS up to this point have been shipped, or set aside waiting further instructions / information to send them out.

As of now I have 4 packages that are stuck somewhere in the postal system, waiting for ... something to happen with them.  Hopefully they get to where they belong soon.  I am sorry for those who have to wait, however once it leaves my hands, im at their mercy like everyone else is.  The only thing I can suggest is to just keep an eye on the tracking, if it gets to be 2 to 3 weeks with no movement then we file a lost package claim and see what happens.

I want to thank everyone for their patience both while I recovered from my computer crash and had to piece this 'world' back together, and in dealing with the post office's slow and slower service as the holidays descend upon us.

If you have any other issues concerning coffee, please DM me.  I am pretty sure I got all my first put out but you just never know...

Thank you
Aaron

100 Lb of this one left.

Offline JeffyT

• Standard User
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2020, 09:24:51 AM »

Thanks again, Aaron--arrived a few days back safe and sound.

Everything you said above about the robusta resonates with me. It just keeps getting better as it sits. I've been blending with my "normal" Arabicas at about 1/4 robusta. Really adds some out-front coffee flavor but still complements the other. And as you know, the amped up caffeine level is nice for those who want that. I'm really enjoying it.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2020, 12:21:55 PM »
Hello everyone:

ALL orders up to noon my time today have been shipped, mailman picked them up and they are on their way.

Thank you very much for your patience and unfortunately I am seeing many instances of packages being late, misdirected and/or tracking being totally wrong or just not there.
With this in mind, if your packages do not make it to you by friday of next week, please let me know and we can start seeing what we can find out about them.
Thank you
Aaron

100 Lbs Left

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2021, 04:16:44 AM »
Hello everyone.

ALL orders have been shipped.

70 Lbs left of this one

Thank you
Aaron

Offline thwonp

• Standard User
Re: Indian ROBUSTA 70 Lb
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2021, 08:32:57 AM »
Hello,

I'll take 5lbs of the robusta.
Just paid via paypal.

Thanks!

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Indian ROBUSTA 70 Lb
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2021, 10:01:40 AM »
ALL orders are shipped.

Thank you for your patience everyone.

Aaron

70 Lb Left

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2021, 05:06:28 PM »
ALL orders are bagged and out to this point.

Thank you everyone for your support. 

Aaron

100 Lb Left

Just got a new bag in of the Robusta and it's not too bad either.  Slightly dryer profile on the bean, so takes a bit more heat to get going but after a weeks rest or so, this one really smooths out nice for being a Robusta.  STRONG too !!

Offline 1stGenRex

• Standard User
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2021, 01:50:00 PM »
5lbs Mexican Chiapas M-3
5Lbs Colombia - N~E Micro Lot ML-2
1 lb Indian Robusta.

Cross posting on each one

Payment sent

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2021, 10:25:57 AM »
Hello everyone:
ALL orders are on their way to you at this point.
I believe ALL questions or requests have been replied to as well, if not please re ask.

Thank you for your support.

Aaron

95 Lb Left

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Indian ROBUSTA 145 Lb
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2021, 11:21:21 AM »
Hello everyone.

If anyone is looking for some Robusta to Spike Up any coffee they are brewing, this is the one!  Will give you a nice caffeine boost and this Robusta don't taste like burnt tires either! 
Go ahead and give a half a pound or a pound a shot,  It just takes a little bit, maybe 10 to 25 percent in your blend to buff it.

Aaron

145 Lb Left

Offline reneetaylor

• Standard User
Re: Indian ROBUSTA 45 Lb
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2021, 12:21:22 PM »
Hello,
I just ordered 15 pounds of the Indian Robusta
Thank you.