Author Topic: Which 5 kilo roaster manufacturer to buy from  (Read 1357 times)

coffeesykes

Which 5 kilo roaster manufacturer to buy from
« on: December 20, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »
Hi everyone, With economy the way it is who would you buy a roaster from in North America. I do not want any automation just a solid drum roaster I can run full batches in all day. I have an Ambex YM-2 now and would keep this for small batches and have my Sonofresco for samples. I am looking for a solid company, I know most of them but never dealt with anyone but Ambex.

milowebailey

Re: Which 5 kilo roaster manufacturer to buy from
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »
I would choose one of these three

Dietrich
San Franciscan
Probat

However the Ambex would closely match your YM-2.... so you'd get similar results.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:34:02 PM »
What is your price range? Are you planning on buying new or used?

coffeesykes

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 09:04:35 AM »
Used is ok, but support going forward is more important. 10-15k is my budget.

Ray T

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 11:17:55 AM »
I would choose one of these three

DietrichSan Franciscan
Probat

However the Ambex would closely match your YM-2.... so you'd get similar results.

+1 only it's Diedrich  ;D

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »
US Roasting Corps 5k Roasters starts at $13,495.00 new. The options are all truly options in that the base price gets you everything you need to roast. The options are custom paint jobs, brushed stainless this or that, computerized profiling systems, etc. They make great roasters, every piece is made in the USA and I can tell you that Dean C. Oldham is very fast at responding to initial emails anyway. I have no experience in buying roasters from them, so I cannot speak to post purchase follow-up. I have an email from them in regard to their 5k roaster pricing as of Jan 2011. If you would like me to email it to you with the info sheet they included just send me a PM.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »
Here is a 5k Ambex for sale in Seattle, WA asking $8,900. No pictures yet. http://craiggers.com/#!/search/all/all/coffee%20roaster/nav=search-link&postKey=CZH6N3T