Author Topic: Bosco machines  (Read 1245 times)

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
Bosco machines
« on: May 12, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »
Did Bosco make non lever machines at one point? I ask because I may have stumbled upon one.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Bosco machines
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 02:23:29 PM »
We'll let Warrior answer that.  And then he can ask how you managed to miss his entire multi-page thread about him becoming the US distributor of fine Boscos.   ;D
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 07:30:23 PM »
We'll let Warrior answer that.  And then he can ask how you managed to miss his entire multi-page thread about him becoming the US distributor of fine Boscos.   ;D

Wasn't that thread about custom bling bling blingy grinders?
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 07:38:28 PM »

Wasn't that thread about custom bling bling blingy grinders?

It started w/ the bling bling Boscos and then which bling bling blingy grinders to sell with them.  As soon as warrior gets back from carrying his hound across the Appalachians I'm sure he'll chime in.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »
He is on the Appalachian Trail?

Sa-weet!
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 06:42:39 PM »
Did Bosco make non lever machines at one point? I ask because I may have stumbled upon one.

Yes! They made Hydraulic pump machines for a period of time. They actually made them until about 1.5-2 years ago. The only one I have ever seen for sale used in the US was being sold in Florida about a year ago. A gentleman bought a restaurant, saw it in the back, and posted it up for sale having no desire to serve espresso in the restaurant. He had no idea what it was or what it was worth. I think he was asking like $1,200 for the 2-group hydraulic machine. Needless to say he sold it in a day or two.

They look pretty darn cool and I am sure they are built with the same attention to detail as his levers. They are really obscure in the US and I could not even find a picture to post as a reference. I am not 100% on whether they still sell parts for them or not (I know they were not included on any parts list I received.), but knowing the machines are still out there being used I would guess that they do have parts to fix them.

If you found one for sale in the US you are more than lucky! Not many of them made the trip over to the US while they were being made. Is it for sale? If so, do you mind telling us what they are asking for it? If you are interested in buying it let me know and I can double check with them on parts availability.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:49:13 PM by Warrior372 »

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 06:47:48 PM »
I found one for $400 and if it fits in my trunk I might buy it to refurbish and sell. No room in my house for it.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
Holy Moly! Make it fit or borrow a friends truck / SUV. I have never worked on a hydraulic machine, so I cannot speak to the level of difficulty involved in restoring them. Does it look decent or beat up? Do the hydraulic pumps / groups work? If you cannot fit in in your trunk let me know and I will hop on it, get it crated, and shipped up here. you stumbled across a real gem!

Let me know if you want me to check on parts.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:10:41 PM by Warrior372 »

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 02:05:40 PM »
Quick update, Warrior has been nice enough to look into this for me.

The machine is called a Vesuvio and Bosco said it was from around 1990, although they could not completely see the tag in the pictures. It is a heat exchanger and should have a 12 Liter boiler, rotary vane pump, 18/10 stainless outer with gold plated trim,  and it should be either 220v or 380v. Bosco was a bit shocked I found that machine in the US. They said they did not sell many period, let alone to people in the US.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »
Have you gassed up the truck yet?

+1

Yeah ... have you?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
It might be a tough one. It would have to fit in my g35 sedan and make a 9 hour drive.

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »
It might be a tough one. It would have to fit in my g35 sedan and make a 9 hour drive.

With the profits you'll realize, you could easily pop a C-note and rent a Focus hatchback or minivan.  Tell him Mike.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 08:32:25 PM »
I already told him he should ask a friend or family member with an SUV or pickup truck to swap for a day :) . That machine falls into the category of 'One pops up every 8-10 years out of nowhere'.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 03:12:33 AM »
I already told him he should ask a friend or family member with an SUV or pickup truck to swap for a day :) . That machine falls into the category of 'One pops up every 8-10 years out of nowhere'.

A gem of a find!

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski