Author Topic: Roasters Revisited  (Read 7225 times)

Ray T

Re: Roasters Revisited
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2012, 10:57:13 AM »
How are your Roasts tasting so far??

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »
Okay, now at least I am in the ballpark. 
I did this 1/2 pound at 1/2#, B P3 and hit the +++++ (yup 5 times, maybe 6), which means  -- as I'm sure you have been trying to tell me that B is the wrong setting for me, so we will move on later today or tomorrow, but....at least this looks like I will be able to drink it.
Or you could simply roast 1/2 pound at 1#, B P3. Then you would NOT need to hit the +++++
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

SJM

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »
Thanks for checking up on me. My roaster is behaving much better than this laptop is....It's in serious need of getting its clock cleaned !!!..

Anyway,  my third and fourth roasts looked good (to me), although I will probably try to go a bit longer on my next try.  I am still drinking the Javas I roasted in Hawaii last week, and am about ready to start tasting the Milano Espresso and then the Firenze Espresso.  Both of the espresso blends look about the same, although I got to them different ways. 
The Milano was roasted 1/2# P3 B ++++++.  The Firenze 1/2# P3 +++++.

Maybe I'm confused (well, duh), but doesn't P3 = C?  And P3B = C-.  It surprised me that I still had to add so much time to the Firenze roast since I had set it to P3 which I thought was already more than P3B, but then I'm easily surprised and confused.   Since I am the only coffee drinker here (dogs, cats and chickens are not allowed to drink coffee), using up/tasting/sampling isn't caught up with my attempts at learning.

I will roast another batch tomorrow even if I can't drink it all...