Author Topic: Bonavita Scale with Timer  (Read 941 times)

yakster

Bonavita Scale with Timer
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »
This looks interesting.

Introducing the Bonavita Pour Over Scale

If you want a real laugh, turn on the interactive transcript (button highlighted yellow below), which I thought was a wonderful idea since I sometimes watch these videos with the sound turned off.

BozemanEric

Re: Bonavita Scale with Timer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
This looks absolutely unnecessary but I think I want one.  I like that it does up to 12 pounds. With my current scale I can not do a 8C Chemex. It is too heavy. I wonder if the final product will have a countdown timer as well. 

jano

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »
I've been looking for a new scale, too, also been using a pocket digital but it's awkward to use when cooking/baking, and limited to 1kg max at a time.  I like the drip tray on this bonavita..

I saw a "SF-400A" in some youtube video and have been trying to source down where to get it.  Unknown company, but it has modes to handle 2kg-10kg, and changes the accuracy based on the mode (e.g. 2kg is 0.1g, 3kg is 0.5g, 5kg is 1g, and 10kg is 5g).  The larger base would allow it convenient multi-functional use.  It's probably too large for espresso machines, but flexible enough if using a mypressi twist.

Jano

milowebailey

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 02:12:32 PM »
I saw these at coffee fest last month.  Well made and very necessary for your little work set up Chris.

craigbooker

Bonavita Scale with Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 10:58:29 PM »
I've been on the lookout for a scale.

blzrfn

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 04:13:04 PM »
Daddy like!  Now how am I going to justify a fourth scale?  I took one to work, moved one to the garage for roasting and now have my plug in model that works very nicely next to my grinder in the kitchen, with a timer sitting next to it.  Perhaps I will just glue the timer to the clam-shell lid of the scale and pretend it came that way.