Author Topic: When you shine 'em up, they sure are pretty!  (Read 2022 times)

Tex

When you shine 'em up, they sure are pretty!
« on: March 18, 2013, 01:14:10 PM »
I've been working on the drip tray with a cloth wheel and jewelers rouge. Problem is, the more it shines, the more the water spots show up.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:22:24 PM by Tex »

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: When you shine 'em up, they sure are pretty!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »
With a little more effort and some emery cloth, you could get rid of that pattern in upper panels too.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:23:18 PM »
Does not appreciate art!

Tex

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 03:01:03 PM »
Reflection of the opposing wall in drip tray front.

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »
That gives me an idea; if I ever designed a machine and the drip tray, I'd put a mirror finish on it w/ the right angle to make it easy to see the bottom of the PF and how the pour is going.  Not that my pours need watching  ;) but it would be good eye candy for the guests.

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
That gives me an idea; if I ever designed a machine and the drip tray, I'd put a mirror finish on it w/ the right angle to make it easy to see the bottom of the PF and how the pour is going.  Not that my pours need watching  ;) but it would be good eye candy for the guests.

First time I pulled a shot on the Slayer using the reflective angle for reference I immediately wished it was on all espresso machines.

Slayer Espresso Machine

Tex

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 03:29:29 PM »

First time I pulled a shot on the Slayer using the reflective angle for reference I immediately wished it was on all espresso machines.

Slayer Espresso Machine

That's nice; I like eye candy! Now I'm off to the glass shop to get a mirror strip to use like that.

Tex

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 04:00:02 PM »
Love the bling bling, but hate the froo froo frou-frou?

Yet another member I'm going to have to school. ;D

GC7

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 07:33:18 AM »

Slayer Espresso Machine

Nice video but I don't speak Canadian. Can you tell me what they were saying?  ;D

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 08:12:51 AM »

Slayer Espresso Machine

Nice video but I don't speak Canadian. Can you tell me what they were saying?  ;D

They're lauaghing at all you Vivaldi owners.   ;)

Tex

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 09:07:22 AM »

Slayer Espresso Machine

They're lauaghing at all you Vivaldi owners.   ;)

Really? If it wasn't for the $2300 price tag I might have one of those myself. A friend lent me his to play with for a few weeks, and other than the smallish filter size, I thought it was a good machine. Certainly nothing to laugh at!

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 09:27:55 AM »

Slayer Espresso Machine

They're laughing at all you Vivaldi owners.   ;)

Really? If it wasn't for the $2300 price tag I might have one of those myself. A friend lent me his to play with for a few weeks, and other than the smallish filter size, I thought it was a good machine. Certainly nothing to laugh at!

Having owned one for almost 3 years, I would have to agree with you sir!

Tex

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 10:09:43 AM »

But that price tag is a bit on the ridiculous side, right? As much as I liked the VII, if I was going to spend $2200, I'd be inclined to go all-in on a G/3.

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »

But that price tag is a bit on the ridiculous side, right? As much as I liked the VII, if I was going to spend $2200, I'd be inclined to go all-in on a G/3.

I don't even know what a new GS3 goes for.  A buddy near me is trying to sell his for $3900, and supposedly that's a good price.

There's a lot of machines in the $1800-2200 range, and that is a lot of money.  But they keep making them and selling them, so I guess the thing about a fool and his money is true.