Author Topic: Sonofresco acting up  (Read 6889 times)

Offline Monito

• Distributor
  • I have 4 coffee Roasters and I don't collect them!
Re: Sonofresco acting up
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
Long story, but there are a couple that hate me, and we live in a Townhome complex.

Bottom line, I need something so they shut up.
Is it illegal to have a smoker or BBQ in your complex? If not, do they feed you? if not, let them have it!!!  >:D

Monito

milowebailey

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09:21 AM »

I've often thought there should be a way to filter the smoke with water somehow instead of an afterburner.  Some sort of damp cloth or filter that would catch the smoke....

There is always the option of roasting when they aren't home or after they are asleep ;D

Offline harryho

• Standard User
  • It's a bit Nutty!!!
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2008, 11:14:32 AM »
I would just roast at Joe's.  ;D

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2008, 03:02:15 PM »
great suggestions guys ;-)

The 2 neighbors are old and are home 24/7.

And I do believe the smoke is bothering them, so I want to be a good neighbor, while still keeping the sono.

Plus, I roasted about 25 pounds this week for my dad and friends. So that might have been excessive, and would not be my norm.  Nonetheless, I want to trap the smoke so I dont have to hear from them anymore.

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2008, 04:06:58 PM »

I've often thought there should be a way to filter the smoke with water somehow instead of an afterburner.  Some sort of damp cloth or filter that would catch the smoke....

There is always the option of roasting when they aren't home or after they are asleep ;D

Alternately, you could use a chiller.  Get a bunch of dry ice and crumble it into rubbing alcohol (70% isopropanol) - eventually the isopropyl becomes as thick as corn syrup it gets so cold.  Run your exhaust through the narrowest tubing you can get away with without creating a pressure drop problem - like a 3" diameter aluminum vent duct.  If you cool the outside of your vent duct by running it through a container of the -100?C dry ice/iPOH mixture, it will freeze most of the smoke particles to the side of the vent line.  Then you get to see what the lost combustion products of your roasting look like before they evaporate or are wiped away (many are toxic, though, so don't consume them or touch them).