Author Topic: Large Capacity Prosumer Grinder Advice  (Read 3079 times)

Shannon22

Re: Large Capacity Prosumer Grinder Advice
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 06:45:48 AM »
[

I second this!  The  plastic funnel will actually pop off due to bloom on occasion!  When the coffee expands it causes the plastic to buckle, and that is a mess royale.  There's a guy on eBay that sells the metal ones for $46 from time to time.  Definitely worth the investment.  I so love my CW15-APS, I can fill 7 2.5L airpots an hour, and it brews at 202?F so the quality is top notch. 

Thanks.  I'll look into this. 

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 05:35:03 AM »
I have found my Bunn grinders and brewer to be very good performers; quite durable. I have some Grindmaster equipment and I much prefer the Bunn.

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion

Shannon22

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 08:49:52 AM »
I have found my Bunn grinders and brewer to be very good performers; quite durable. I have some Grindmaster equipment and I much prefer the Bunn.

Shep

I've wondered about that because the commercial grinders look so similar.  Do you prefer the Bunn because of durability or perfomance?  Or both?

Offline shep

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 04:27:22 PM »
I prefer the grinding results of the Bunn over the Grindmaster. The Grindmasater seems to generate more static electricity.  I also like the clean out lever of the Bunn. My Grindmaster has had a few issues that required me to replace parts on a few occasions. My two Bunn grinders have never needed anything but a good cleaning. The Grindmaster works fine and is one of the 3 lb models, which is handy, but my preference is for the Bunn.

Shep
Vagabond, beach bum & motorcycle zealot: a restless soul in motion

Shannon22

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 06:59:13 AM »
I prefer the grinding results of the Bunn over the Grindmaster. The Grindmasater seems to generate more static electricity.  I also like the clean out lever of the Bunn. My Grindmaster has had a few issues that required me to replace parts on a few occasions. My two Bunn grinders have never needed anything but a good cleaning. The Grindmaster works fine and is one of the 3 lb models, which is handy, but my preference is for the Bunn.

Shep

Great to know.  Thanks.