Author Topic: Rotisserie questions  (Read 7081 times)

bensonmirhan

Re: Rotisserie questions
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 03:49:35 AM »
Welcome, Benson! And let us know how your rotisserie will turn out.  :)

Food expo? You're in the food biz? Or you've set up you coffee house in Sugbu?

Bob, I'm not in the food biz but I'll be going to Wofex to look for business opportunities baka may mahanap tayo na product that I can sell in Cebu.

Hi Benson, and greetings! If you'll be in Manila with enough time to visit, come join us for a coffee session. Alfonso is Manila based, and we can get together to talk shop. BobT, come join us!

Hi Mr. Dante, I like to join your coffee session but I think my schedule will not allow it. But I'm planning to visit Manila again this January 2009 and hopefully I'll able to meet you and Mr. Alfonso.

The convection fan, it's located to the right of the drum, and that right side of the drum is a wall of stainless steel.  :-\ So I guess it has little effect then?

There's another Pinoy lurking in here, name's Benson, from Cebu, roasting with a Nesco. He's been texting me details about my Behmor look-alike, coz he wants to make one, too. We've been exchanging greens since a few months ago. I guess he's the shy type.  ;D

Benz! Let us feel your presence!!!

Bobby T.

Don Timo,

I would replace the right end of your drum with a wire mesh to take advantage of the convection.

Benson,

Welcome to GCBC !

Don Dante,

Looks like we will be seeing Esmeralda soon!

Alfonso

Thank you Mr. Alfonso. Hope to meet you someday..

Btw, Please read Jay caragay's (Fil-Am Cafe owner) blog http://onocoffee.blogspot.com/2008/07/blog-post_9209.html#comments

Offline alfonso

• Standard User
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 06:21:03 AM »

You ever tried replacing your screen, with finer holes? I think I need to get 1/8" holes, coz even w/ my Sagada beans, some beans pass through the holes. I wouldn't waste some Ethiopians nor some Yemenis that way.

Don Roberto,

Yes,  and I think I did mention to you to get a smaller mesh in one of my text messages.  the 5mm grid does get a few beans stuck, but not many.  With ordinary beans, usually just about 4 or 5. With Harrars, maybe a bit more. 

I would change over to a finer mesh if I can summon enough will power to  get over the lazyness.  :)

Alfonso

Offline BobTimo

• Standard User
  • I only have 4 grinders. I'm NORMAL!!!
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2008, 08:57:28 PM »
Yes,  and I think I did mention to you to get a smaller mesh in one of my text messages.  the 5mm grid does get a few beans stuck, but not many.  With ordinary beans, usually just about 4 or 5. With Harrars, maybe a bit more. 

Si, Se?or! I remember that. That's why I got something smaller than 5mm. "5 holes" in an inch. But as it turned out, still bigger. Maybe I'd keep my drum for the big beans. Then I came across this ...

http://www.roastmasters.com/behmor-smgrid.html

Hmmm ... looks promising. Just don't have the dimensions of the Behmor drum. Maybe it'll work?

BobT

Offline alfonso

• Standard User
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2008, 12:37:34 AM »

Si, Se?or! I remember that. That's why I got something smaller than 5mm. "5 holes" in an inch. But as it turned out, still bigger. Maybe I'd keep my drum for the big beans. Then I came across this ...

http://www.roastmasters.com/behmor-smgrid.html

Hmmm ... looks promising. Just don't have the dimensions of the Behmor drum. Maybe it'll work?

BobT

Don Roberto,

5 holes in an inch is exactly 5mm. same thing!

The standard behmor .187" inch is actually also a 5mm grid.

The .157" is actually 4mm grid, but as the behmor site states, retains a lot of chaff.

Yeah, you're right, maybe you just use your smaller mesh for smaller beans. The 5 hole mesh may be the right choice for most other beans.

Alfonso
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:41:58 AM by alfonso »

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2008, 06:06:57 AM »
I have the small mesh behmor that I am using on a little gas grill (pictured some were in this thread? I think) I will measure it for you later today and post later this evening. I use it for all beans and so far the chaff is not a problem, even it has a few beans  get stuck  :-\

Offline BobTimo

• Standard User
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »
hey, thanks! yes, dimensions pls!

bob

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »
Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner.. . Sunday was crazy

the drum is 10 3/8 inch (26.2 cm) long and 5 inch (12.5 cm) in diameter the screen is about 3/16 inch (5 mm) square (I have not had trouble with chaff buildup yet)

the pins on the end of the drum stick out beyond the 10 3/8 long drum

one is 1/2 inch (1 cm) long 3/8 inch (1.3 cm) diameter with a groove about an 1/8 inch (3 mm) in from end (this end sits in a cradle to hold it in place)

the other is 5/8 inch (1.5 cm) long 3/8 inch in diameter and is 1/4 inch square up to 1/2 inch from end (this end fits into the motor)

I made a simple frame on a small gas grill and hooked it up to a cordless drill.  I think I have picks earlier in this thread, I know they are in the show off your roaster area...

Offline BobTimo

• Standard User
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »
It's longish, and smaller diameter than what I have. But looks like the drum will fit in my oven toaster.  :)  One of these days, i'll get one ... even cheaper than what cost me to have mine made. Just shipping to here is the problem.

Many thanks!!!