Author Topic: Hardware Prices Climb...  (Read 1356 times)

BoldJava

Hardware Prices Climb...
« on: July 06, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »
Did some reading in preparation of cleaning Ms Silvia today.  Prices went up July 1st.  Now $700, up from $600.  Looked at USD:Euro.  16% slump in last 12 months. Our national debt profile is killing the dollar. My guess is that all other foreign hardware is up as well.

B|Java
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 06:30:33 PM by BoldJava »

Glacier

Re: Hardware Prices Climb...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 07:08:38 PM »
I was going to go in with a group and buy the exact same set-up I have from my house for our office.

I paid 1600ish for my machine and grinder on a Special- same deal today at close to $2500

Vibiemme Domobar Super Semi Automatic & Macap M4

Metal Prices and the Dollar/Euro  were cited- we held off needless to say.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 07:28:54 PM »
The up side (for me at least) is that copper scrap from my job is worth a lot more than last year ( not enough for a espresso machine  :) )

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »
Yeah ... and unfortunately the Fed is on a print money tear ... they printing those bills like they are going out of style.  If Americans don't boot their rear ends out of the US they will run the US right into the ground.

>:(
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Glacier

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:29:08 AM »
Yeah ... and unfortunately the Fed is on a print money tear ... they printing those bills like they are going out of style.  If Americans don't boot their rear ends out of the US they will run the US right into the ground.

>:(

bahhhhhhhhhhh...huh?? bahhhhhhhhhh.

;)

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 12:28:06 PM »
I was showing someone at work a picture of a La Spaz S1 online and saw that the 'suggested' retail is now as high as $3000 due to the exchange rate - the cheapest one I could find was $2100.   

Here's a 'blast' from the past about high prices:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwH5KEbAipY[/youtube]