Author Topic: What is the coffee roaster on ebay I GOT IT!!!!  (Read 1431 times)

airwright

What is the coffee roaster on ebay I GOT IT!!!!
« on: July 12, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »
I saw a coffee roaster today on ebay under the heading of 7 lb. coffee roaster it is not the modified Ronco it is a modified something else and a bit pricy    ive seen the machine before but cannot place  what its real purpose is and the name or brand of it.   Anybody?    ill try the link here   http://stores.ebay.com/hudsoncafecoffees

Its a highly modified Ronco Showtime rotesserie   take a hard look at the cabinit   thats what gives it away   now how to modify one    says it can do 7 lbs
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:39:44 PM by John F »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: What is the coffee roaster on ebay I GOT IT!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:36:53 PM »
You don't have a link but I've seen roasters before that sound like what you are describing.

Does it say how long it takes to roast 7#'s?

Edit - I saw you had 2 topics started on this roaster so I merged them for you.

John F

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:44:02 PM by John F »
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

airwright

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »
try this link here     they want a small fortune for it though

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 08:58:12 PM »
try this link here     they want a small fortune for it though

Here is the data I was curious about...

http://www.cafecoffees.com/coffeeshoptestpage2.html

If I understand it correctly you have a 17.5 min time lag to bring 1# of coffee to 400 degrees.

I don't know how to figure the math that compensates for thermal mass sucking up heat/energy with an additional 6#'s of coffee in the drum but you are going to want to figure that out.....in actuality you don't have to figure it out because the thing looks to have good data logging so you could just put 7#'s in there and find out right away what happens.

I really do wonder how long it takes to roast a 7#batch on a machine like this...

John F
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison