Author Topic: Zojirushi on Sale at Newegg  (Read 1479 times)

BoldJava

Zojirushi on Sale at Newegg
« on: July 22, 2008, 05:02:01 AM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16896101308

This is the brewer we bought for our daughter...on sale at $70, shipping included.  I can heartily recommend it as it hits the right brewing temperature and does a nice job on extracting from the grounds.  Just make sure you run hot water into the thermos prior to brewing and you will have hot coffee for as long as you want (2-2.5 hours).  Makes a great cup.  Good gift if you need a 'maker' for someone.

Toss in the Kill A Watt while you are there:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882715001&Tpk=kill%2ba%2bwatt

Good company, very prompt delivery. I order all my computer add-on stuff from them and am a very pleased customer.

B|Java

Offline Chris

• Administrator
Re: Zojirushi on Sale at Newegg
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 06:49:11 AM »
NewEgg is good, but there are some things to be aware of. And, yes, I buy things like hard drives there.

1. If you are in California, you will be charged tax (unlike Amazon).

2. You will be charged shipping in many cases (unlike Amazon).

3. While their return policy seems good, it is a minimum of 15% for most items.  Worst of all, you do not get a refund for the original shipping, and are responsible for return shipping (unlike Amazon).  This is the deal breaker for me, as I do a fair amount of returns, and NewEgg just doesn't make sense.

I prefer Amazon, except in cases where the price difference is so great, that it outweighs the above advantages.  In this case, if you are sure you are not going to return the Zojirushi, it seems like a great deal.  Otherwise stick with Amazon (or my other fav Costco).

Offline nimbus

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 01:26:07 AM »
I like newegg. Used several times no probs. Often very good prices.

Doesn't Amazon have a poor return policy? Maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Used them a bunch too....

We have a big zojirushi for the shop to keep our low temp tea water available at 175 degrees. Works great (but needs refilling occasionally because it isn't hard piped).

Cheers...
Dr. Nimbus Couzin
Associate Professor of Physics
Ivy Tech Community College
Bellarmine University

Stubbie

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:10:29 AM »

Doesn't Amazon have a poor return policy? Maybe I'm just remembering wrong. Used them a bunch too....

I've only had to return a Bodum pour over to Amazon, and it was painless.  I would order from either place without hesitation, although Chris brings up some valid points about NewEgg.

-Stubbie

BoldJava

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 09:15:21 AM »

I've only had to return a Bodum pour over to Amazon, and it was painless.  I would order from either place without hesitation, although Chris brings up some valid points about NewEgg.

-Stubbie

I shop at both.  I admit to not being much of a returner. The one time I returned something to Amazon, it was simple and I remain very satisfied with both outfits.

B|Java
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:17:09 AM by BoldJava »