Author Topic: Bodum Double Wall  (Read 1846 times)

winchestercoffee

Bodum Double Wall
« on: July 23, 2008, 06:47:20 AM »
Has anyone picked these up before? I saw similar ones on MoreCoffee a couple months ago and liked the look of them; these are a little different but seem like the they have teh same design.

Bodum Pavina 9oz.
http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-9-Ounce-Double-Wall-Glasses-Tumbler/dp/B0009WX41Q/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_b

Assam 7oz.
http://morecoffee.com/view_product/7649//ASSAM_-_Double_Wall_Tumbler_7oz_Set_of_2

Thoughts?

Offline Nucer

• Standard User
  • about those grandkids.......
Re: Bodum Double Wall
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »
I have a set of both.  They are nice but I still prefer my mugs.  They look good but for clumsy people like me they just don't work.

(strange to be cold in an office when it is 100 degrees outside in Glen Rose, Texas)
Nucer B-) Money doesn't buy happiness it just make the misery of work easier

winchestercoffee

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »
I was thinking of using them to show off the coffee when we have company over. I love my mugs and wouldn't think of using these as am everyday mug :)

(Sitting in the same position in Tyler, TX... only it's 96)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:22:30 AM »
We have similar ones to the second link you have except that the ones we have are espresso size.  We have gotten mostly very positive reaction to them when serving espresso to our guests as they are different.

(Sitting in front of the WOW factor Bodum glasses in Mississauga, Ontario)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 12:34:42 PM »
I have the 2oz and 9oz Pavinas sitting on top of my La Spaziale.  The smaller ones are my standard shot receptacles as they offer great insulation and visibility.  The 9oz often are used for floofing up a little milkfat and then used as a direct shot receptacle for a cappuccino - minimizing loss of oils and vapors during the pull.  I have broken one of each size during the last two years - the 2oz ones are amazingly resilient and have repeatedly bounced rather than broken...

If you keep an eye on these, they will go on sale out here (at Amazon) from time-to-time, sometimes at less than 50% of retail (and you get free shipping with a $25 minimum order).

winchestercoffee

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 12:38:59 PM »
If you keep an eye on these, they will go on sale out here (at Amazon) from time-to-time, sometimes at less than 50% of retail (and you get free shipping with a $25 minimum order).

I will have to keep my eye out then :) Thanks for the info BW!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 01:37:54 PM »

I'll have to keep my eyes open. I have been wanting to purchase some of the Bodum double wall cups but I just never have pulled the trigger.

Offline Sigr

• Standard User
  • "It wasn't out of date til I bought it."
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
Just throwing this out We use lots of Tervis Tumblers and mug's type in tervis at the amazon thread
These things will keep ice in the cup all nite. You can get them personalized
Hints of wood and smoke linger in the air

Offline hobiwankinobi

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »
I have a set of four Titlis cups. They are Bodum double walled cups. I got them at Tuesday Morning for the paltry sum of 14$ for all four of them. Obviously the Titlis is not only a silly name but is a discontinued style which is why I got them at Tuesday morning. They are probably 9 oz. Not too sure. I have served hot or cold coffee drinks in them and without fail when I serve hot coffee in those cups even I (occasionally) burn my lips since I cant feel any heat at all from the cup I "assume" its not very hot, forgetting I just made it from a French Press and the coffee is probably 190 degrees or so...jeez I amaze myself sometimes.
Steve

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 11:13:38 PM »
I got them at Tuesday Morning for the paltry sum of 14$ for all four of them. Obviously the Titlis is not only a silly name but is a discontinued style which is why I got them at Tuesday morning.

That's what Tuesday Morning is?!  You may have created a monster, here, or at least unleashed one...  This store opened up a couple of doors down from my local ValuVillage, but I hadn't even planned to investigate, as it looked like some sort of estrogenFest?...  But y'all are saying that they sell discontinued items?!  I am so-o-o going there tomorrow....

EDIT:  I think I might have to watch 'The Story of Stuff' over-and-over ala Clockwork Orange with Metallica playing in the background just to keep me from going off the selfseekinggluttonomaterialistical deep-end hasta ma?ana!    >:D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:18:50 PM by ButtWhiskers »

winchestercoffee

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 06:24:46 AM »
We have a Tuesday mornings up the road as well... I keep being told to check it out but never make the 2 minute trip up the road =\

I'll have to swing in this weekend.

Offline hobiwankinobi

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 02:20:56 PM »
I remember a year or so ago people saying they were finding those Krupps Moka Brew coffee makers in there for only like 50 bucks!! I never did find one in there myself. I did get a foodsaver vac sealer for 30$ I think it was.
I got my son a Star Wars Lego set, for 30$. New it would have been at least 60 bucks. It was from Attack of the Clones and the third movie was already out. I usually find a lot of great values in there. But yes it is a bit of an estrogen fest...I mainly go to the kitchen or toy area of the store.
Steve

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »
I got a Capresso Infinity 565, the one with the metal body not the plastic and normally sells for around $130-140, for $89.95 plus 40% off at Tuesday Morning. The had some really nice kitchen knives and housewares for cheap.

There are 2 stores in Lexington. I will have to check them for the double wall glasses.