Author Topic: Handy for cinchin' largish coffee bags  (Read 1116 times)

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
Handy for cinchin' largish coffee bags
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:18:59 PM »
I get some of my coffee in the new (I guess) non-burlap bags. I don't know what the stuff is, but it's nice. Tyvek-like, but not quite.

Anyway, tonight I opened two such bags, and didn't have anything on hand to tie 'em shut. Then I remembered the Velcro straps I had ordered to help us do our roadie bit every week at church, tying up cables to stow.

I had just two on hand, fortunately. These things are PERFECT for this use. Till now I'd taken some stout cord and clove-hitched it on the neck of the open bag. No more! This stuff's awesome.

I had done a lot of searching to find the most bang for the buck on velcro ties, so with this new application discovered I'll share the joy here. If anyone finds any better deals on good velcro, I'd be interested to hear of it.

These have a slot that lets you create a loop in the velcro, so that it can be attached to the cable securely.

Offline MMW

• Standard User
Re: Handy for cinchin' largish coffee bags
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »
I can't remember what I paid, but I've picked up 100 or so of those at Home Depot a couple of times.  I use them for everything, it seems.  Cable management behind the AV rack and computer, securing the loose end of tie down straps, storing tie down straps, keeping laptop cables under control...endless uses.

Here they are at lowes (Velcro? 50 Count Reusable Ties )...50 for 5 bucks.
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »
I can't remember what I paid, but I've picked up 100 or so of those at Home Depot a couple of times.  I use them for everything, it seems.  Cable management behind the AV rack and computer, securing the loose end of tie down straps, storing tie down straps, keeping laptop cables under control...endless uses.

Nice price!

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 06:39:30 PM »

Nice price!

I have a roll or two of those left over from some job... may be cheaper to buy then to find in this mess  ::)