Author Topic: Hario *Mini Phon* single cup syphon  (Read 2633 times)

hatethis

Hario *Mini Phon* single cup syphon
« on: April 12, 2009, 05:10:36 AM »
Anyone know what these go for?  the old ones, not the newer model.  I was in a resale shop for closed businesses and found a few brand new.  I searched google but found nothing to informative.  Depending on the worth and interest in; I might buy them and post here for you all.  Otherwise they can sit and rot in the store !! >:D

Again, these are the orriginal 1973 version Hario *Mini Phon* single cup syphons

Also, I often see Hario french preses and vac pots as I am in Japan.  If a few people want them I could possibly set up a group buy.  Prices depend on what people want of course.  Let me know your interests!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: Hario *Mini Phon* single cup syphon
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »
I've been looking for a single cup vac pot, but normally the Hario cups are kinda small, like 5-6oz.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 03:04:44 PM »
I don't find it by that name... can you post a pic from the net that looks like it??

Thanks

Offline thugmusk

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 05:29:16 AM »
Depending on the worth and interest in; I might buy them and post here for you all. 

Depending on price I would be interested in one please.

hatethis

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 08:04:28 AM »
I found the newer version finally after checking Japanese character only sites... 8400 yen is about $84.  Still no information about the older model.  As for getting you a picture of that, it is rude to take a picture of something in a store in Japan, so I will have to try and be sneaky, lets hope I don't get caught. ;)

http://www.hario.co.jp/shop/partscenter.php?mode=p_products&bigclass=101&midclass=102&smallclass=141

I don't find it by that name... can you post a pic from the net that looks like it??

Thanks

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 09:41:29 AM »
I found the newer version finally after checking Japanese character only sites... 8400 yen is about $84.  Still no information about the older model.  As for getting you a picture of that, it is rude to take a picture of something in a store in Japan, so I will have to try and be sneaky, lets hope I don't get caught. ;)

http://www.hario.co.jp/shop/partscenter.php?mode=p_products&bigclass=101&midclass=102&smallclass=141

If it looks similar to this one just describe the differences...

hatethis

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 06:28:38 AM »
After finally buying one I compared it to a new one.  The only differance I can see is the logo and the slight differance in shape of the glass.  The top and bottom are more squished looking than the newer version.  Still no idea on what they are worth.  Don't think it is going to be anything special as I've seen the new ones as low as $60 roughly.  The name is Hario DA.1S NOT the DA-1SV if anyone cares to find more out.

BoldJava

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 06:45:26 AM »

Again, these are the orriginal 1973 version Hario *Mini Phon* single cup syphons

I know nothing of the machine, only the snipit available via Google:

>>>
Hario Glass has released "Mini Phon" a single cup size siphon type coffee extractor with a number of *improved safety features* over its original model first released in 1973...>>> emphasis mine

The stylish and easy to use glass and stainless steel device consists of an alcohol burner base that heats water.."

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-30036999_ITM

B|Java

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 08:40:56 AM »
so this one cup is like one 5 oz cup.... I want a smaller batch solution but that is a little too small  :-X

its like a cuppers vac pot :D

If enough people want one and you need some one over here to distro them for you... I could be persuaded..
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:43:09 AM by J.Jirehs Roaster »

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »
I've seen Hario single-cup vac pots for about the same price as a 3-cup: ~$80.  The ones I have seen, though, look like the traditional Hario, just very small.
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

BoldJava

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 11:29:08 AM »
Hario USA is just popping its head out of the ground.  2 cupper, soon:

http://shop.hariousa.com/product.sc?categoryId=8&productId=33

B|Yama

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 11:31:57 AM »
Any idea when you can actaully order from that site? The prices are right.

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »

B|Yama

Hey, isn't this what we are talking about?  Price looks about the same, too.
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

Tex

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 11:54:16 AM »
How much difference in volume between the Hario 2-cup & the Yama 3-cup? What I'd like is a below MSRP seller for the Cona C-size.

http://www.amazon.com/Yama-Tabletop-Vacpot-Coffee-Siphon/dp/B000ZLYKKA

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »

B|Yama

Hey, isn't this what we are talking about?  Price looks about the same, too.

If you look at the top of that page, in the red banner, it says "Not accepting orders at this time - Preview Site Only!".

I've been wanting one of the Skelton grinders for a while. Barismo has them in stock and I have actually contacted them on group buy pricing. Although several emails have passed between us and I have talked to one of the owners on the phone, I have yet to get any kind of pricing for the grinders or the pour over packages. Barismo also told me about a new grinder that Hario is introducing, which I assume is the Mini Mill Slim listed on the Hario US site.