Author Topic: Straight from the horses mouth: The future of the Gaggia Classic  (Read 1039 times)

Tex

FYI - Here's an exchange of messages between me & Todd Salzman of Importica. This will put to rest the rumors of the Classic's demise, once & for all! If you quote this in rebuttal to someone's claim that Gaggia is ceasing production of the Classic, please copy this entire message.

THX
Tex

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 7:46 AM
To: 'Robert Harmon'
Cc: 'Susan'
Subject: RE: Gaggia Classic question.

Hi Robert,

All is good with the Classic and we are receiving new ones.  They were planning on discontinuing them but changed there minds so it  is still 100% alive, as far as I know, and I have contact with Gaggia Italy every day.

If something changes I'll let you know.

Let me know anytime I can help!

Thanks
Todd

Sent: Saturday, May 02, 2009 12:33 PM
To: 'Todd Salzman'
Cc: Susan
Subject: Gaggia Classic question.

Howdy Todd!

We keep getting asked about the status of the Gaggia Classic - is it being discontinued or not. Since it's not listed on the Gaggia web site I'm assuming that once current stock is depleted that's it, no more Classic?

Would you please let us in on Gaggia's future plans for our favorite espresso machine?

Thanks,
Robert (Tex) Harmon
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:14:56 AM by Tex »

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Straight from the horses mouth: The future of the Gaggia Classic
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 09:28:22 AM »
Thank you for this Robert.

I would be surprised if this is discontinued being the king pin in the line up.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline bobvilax2000

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:35:39 AM »
Is this the same Todd Salzman from Whole Latte Love that helped design the Brewtus? Probably. He's a nice guy and very helpful.

- -Barrett

Tex

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »
Is this the same Todd Salzman from Whole Latte Love that helped design the Brewtus? Probably. He's a nice guy and very helpful.

- -Barrett

Don't know about that, but Todd is the service manager at Importica. He's been very helpful in the Gaggia User's Group.