Author Topic: what Scales are the best?  (Read 2591 times)

milowebailey

Re: what Scales are the best?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 06:33:43 PM »

This is what I have,
[/quote]

:-X :-X :-X

ButtWhiskers

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 03:57:17 AM »
The one that Peter bought sounds like a good one.  There is another similar to Peter's on eBay ... "Just Pounds and Ounces" is the vendor.  It is a 35 pound postage scale and it is $24.00 shipping included with a lifetime manufacturer's warranty.  It comes with:

- Sensitivity +/- 0.1 ozs
- Easy Buttons: On / Tare, Off: Hold Feature
- Large LCD Display
- Measuring Units: Pounds / Ounces, Kilograms
- Fold-up Stand to Weigh Oversize Envelopes and Tubes
- Auto Off Feature to Save Battery Life
- A/C Adaptor and One 9-Volt Battery Included
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 8.0" x 2.75" x 8.0"
- Package Shipping Weight 5 pounds

I wanted to get this one however Mrs. mp says it was too big to keep around.

eBay Link

Hope this helps.

:)

I have the next larger size of this (50#), which has worked great for a couple of years since my ancient scale died.  I usually keep it set in the gram mode so it is weighing to the nearest 10g (which is good enough for my purposes).  It is very stable as long as it is on a very stable surface.  Any of these electronic balances will drift if they are on a surface that conducts vibration or if they are too close to a magnetic field.  I have a certified 10kg weight that I got at a surplus auction that I use to calibrate it, but it rarely needs this.  For weighing a pound or less I have a smaller balance that goes down to 0.1g

Offline Sigr

• Standard User
  • "It wasn't out of date til I bought it."
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 04:35:53 PM »
Sigr

I'll trade you straight across for whatever beans you win at the coffee kids auction....  :angel:

I'm sure this would not work out in my favor but I'm sure there is some Yemen somewhere around here :-X
Hints of wood and smoke linger in the air

Offline Sigr

• Standard User
  • "It wasn't out of date til I bought it."
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 04:52:57 PM »
http://us.mt.com/etc/medialib/mt_ext_files/Product/Product/4/Viva_Product-Product_1100620830250_files.Par.Viva_App_SmallDisp_545x600_gif.Image.gif

This is what I have, but that's not me in the pic.  I don't interface with anything, just have the platform and the display.  It's dead on up to 30lbs.  The state dept. of weights and measures certified it last month and the inspector told me it passed with flying colors.

I'm pretty happy with Melter products.

4oz at a time has to be brutal

Worse...

Toledo has great products I am thinking ( surge bin to hold beans then valve dispenses to weigh hopper
then valve into ziploc baggies ) I work on bagging equipment every day but in large volumes 50#
bags maybe just need to get a load cell and see what I can come up with ?
Hints of wood and smoke linger in the air