Author Topic: Who can and will tell me how to use this gizmo  (Read 1132 times)

Gompas

Who can and will tell me how to use this gizmo
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:00:04 PM »
I'm guessing it will make coffee that resembles what a moka pot will make?
And that after that I can steam milk?

But.....does the coffee valve stay open from the start? or how do I know when to open it?  And how do I know when the steam is ready?  And how much water goes in?  

Anyone know?

It's cute if nothing else...but like most unfamiliar objects that deal with heat and steam and pressure....it scares me a bit....

Gompa

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Who can and will tell me how to use this gizmo
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 04:06:30 PM »
Its kind of like one of those steam toys they sell calling espresso machines.

Id say leave one valve cracked a bit, possibly the milk frother so it doesn't build up pressure and go boom, when it starts hissing let it rip, but if it is like one of the cheap espresso machines it should vent itself as it heats up and give you your water... id have to see it first hand to get a better idea.   I have an old mr coffee espresso machine that is kind of almost similar..

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Tex

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »
It should have a pressure valve somewhere on the side. The water fill line is just below the valve. The coffee spout is open while brewing and closed when steaming. To steam, simply close the brew spout and leave the steam spout open until it builds a good head of steam.

I have a cousin who was severely scalded while messing with one of these in her dorm room. To me they're an accident waiting to happen (too top heavy & unstable).

Gompas

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »
It should have a pressure valve somewhere on the side. The water fill line is just below the valve. The coffee spout is open while brewing and closed when steaming. To steam, simply close the brew spout and leave the steam spout open until it builds a good head of steam.

I have a cousin who was severely scalded while messing with one of these in her dorm room. To me they're an accident waiting to happen (too top heavy & unstable).

Hmmmm....maybe not something to mess with the same week I already may have broken my nose.  I'm not really ready to deal with another self-inflicted mess of pain and humiliation....

Gompa

chef glenn

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »
 Hi Gompa!
Yes you better taker ez!
You give a whole new meaning to "fanning yourself"

Take care, be well.
glenn