Author Topic: Back Almost  (Read 394 times)

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Back Almost
« on: May 01, 2024, 09:17:53 AM »
Hello everyone:
What a crazy last 2 weeks.
So I managed to lock myself out of my own website by attempting to log in admin from away from home and not remembering my password.. 
Trying to create a new acct / log in to let folks know, caused the hack detector to block my IP / fingerprint my device and block that....
It would show me logged in, even in the logs, I might even get a fast message off, but then kick me and ban me.. grrr.  The erratic part is what really burns me, NO reason for that,either you work or you don't.

This is actually a good thing, but not when you step on your own petard :(  Ill probably be looking for a new hosting company here as well, as the cust service was NOT stellar as promised.

Im BACK in Jax, Florida now. finally....
I got FULL access back to my website here...  I'll figure out this so it NEVER happens again, Ill figure some sort of safeguard.

I got my truck back from the repair shop, hopefully it's fixed, still a chance for it to go boom again but still under the last legs of it's warranty so if it blows, let it be NOW while it's still covered.

I had orders from about 2 weeks ago to 1 week ago, I processed and sent the shipping labels to an ...ill call her, associate, to ship out... didn't happen, so there is that.  Ill deal with it later.. and her.  Lesson learned:  Be Careful who you trust, especially 'friends' they'll $##@ you every time.   Why is getting good help so darned hard?  It's like everyone is afraid of a little honest work, that involves a little honest labor, but it's not back breaking bagging coffee ffs, I mean really?  Time consuming oh hell yes, but not back breaking.

So.... currently.,

My health,  ehh,  it is what it is.
My neice, she's doing a lot better, it looks like the caner is gone, so hopefully she's looking up.
My sister, she won't have her results back from pathology / oncology until friday but they are pretty sure they got everything out and have a good feeling it is NOT cancer again.  If it is, she's not fighting it again, so there is that.  Keeping my fingers crossed.
Them being in the Chicago area, me in Jax, Florida is not helpful either.  That distance can feel like a million miles sometimes.

Moving forward.

#1 sending this message out so you all know im not gone.
#2 im tired, I need to take a nap, im just.. drained, physically, mentally, im tired.
#3 I will get up later tonight, (Wednesday) grab some coffee (of course) and lean into this mess and get all these backorders figured out, and everything out and caught up TODAY / TONIGHT  / TOMORROW you will see shipping notices that it is OUT.

By tomorrow morning 9 am,  ALL orders that there are not hard problems with (hard meaning, you didn't send me a shipping address etc) will be in UPS / USPS hands,  ALL messages will be replied to in the forum and updated.  Ill sift thru the e mails and see that nothing got caught as spam.  Should not be TOO many, but it does burp now and then.

By Friday, I hope to have my stuff setup to  spend Sat roasting all this coffee I got sitting here waiting to go out.  Ordered it a month or so agao, it's here now I need to get it going !!

Let me get this posted and e mailed out to everyone, as I at least owe you some sort of explanation why I disappeared.

Wow, I thought SO much that 2024 would be better than 23 was, boy did I blow that prediction !!

For those who requested refunds, if you still want them, I fully understand Ill reach out and if you still want a refund Ill immediately refund ALL your money.

Thank you

For those still around, thank you for sticking this out, for what it's worth, it does mean a lot to me.  I have / had such plans of things I wanted to do with my 'coffee stuff'  yet here we are... right in this place......  Cancer sucks.

Aaron
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 09:20:56 AM by Ascholten »
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline MGLloyd

• Standard User
Re: Back Almost
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 10:45:56 AM »
Best wishes to you and yours, Aaron and I hope things start looking up!

Michael Lloyd

Regards,

Michael Lloyd
Arlington, Washington  USA

Offline sgemmett

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 10:52:46 AM »
Hi Aaron, sounds like an ordeal, sending good karma to you and your family, you are due for a turn around!

Offline nwmarco

• Standard User
  • Behmor 1600, Rancilio Silvia w/PID, Rocky Doserles
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 10:58:40 AM »
Thanks for 'proof of life' update. 100% agree - cancer sux. Too many good people lost too soon.

Cheers,
Marco

Offline javagirl

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2024, 11:52:20 AM »
Aaronn, warm regards and healing thoughts coming your way for your niece, you, and the family.  Barbara

Offline gailmo

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2024, 11:58:19 AM »
Aaron,
Gosh—what an ordeal.  Hang in there….you have a “village” behind you and cheering you on.

I meant to email you after I received my last 15lb order of three different coffees.  It arrived in great shape and I don’t think I have received coffee as well packed as this batch.  I was pleased and now I am even more pleased because the coffee is GREAT.  Really loving that Congo!

Thanks again,
Gailmo

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 11:43:25 AM »
UPDATE:

EVERYTHING up until 3 pm Friday, that would be today, is considered shipped.

When UPS opens up in a few hours Ill be there at their door with the final load going out.

The ONLY problem I have is

Round2LLC.

I need your shipping address.

Folks PLEASE, send me this info when you send your money.
If you don't post in the forum I can't help you
If you have your pay pal DM's turned off I can't help you.
All I can do is post here and/or wait for you to eventually complain t hen correlate the package .vs. payment.  I really do not like doing that.

UPS will only hold so many names in their database, (WE have over 2k members, trust me we are OVER that limit )  once you hit that limit when I add a new person, they knock a random old person out of the database.  So just because I may have shipped to you before is NOT a guarantee that I have your e mail address on file!

Some of you move every few months, so just because I have AN address does not mean it's a CURRENT address,  THIS is why I ask you to keep your pay pal address UP TO DATE.  I use paypal to gen your shiplabel in conjunction with the ups garbage website/app/ whatever they want to call the monster this week...  If the data is not correct there, it may not cross over properly.

Anyways.

ALL orders are out.
Let me get the rest of my redisual baggage bagged up and good solid numbers up now so we know exactly what we have left and so farI don't see any reason why I will not be roasting tomorrow / sunday so we can get the next batch of coffee's going.

Thank you

Aaron

PS Ill be sifting thru my DM's and e mails that I can find, later today AFTER I am done with UPS, so I have a confirmed tracking  to give you and will do what I can to update those who did inquire, with a current status.

were almost caught up.  WEEEeeee !!
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 02:34:38 PM »
AND it is on the way.
Let me get the rest of the loose beans bagged and tallied and Ill get the numbers available updated.
My plan is, roast all day tomorrow, and over the next week or so, start cupping and putting them up.

I have a few honey processed that I may do as a special distro, they are really good but I was only able to get 1 bag out of each out of the lot, it was a restricted lot.

Aaron

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2024, 05:39:41 AM »
You're just like that old Timex watch, Aaron...  "Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'"...  Seems like you're back to firing on all 7 cylinders ;-) and we're all glad to see it!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline Stubbie

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 08:05:30 AM »
UPDATE:

EVERYTHING up until 3 pm Friday, that would be today, is considered shipped.

When UPS opens up in a few hours Ill be there at their door with the final load going out.

The ONLY problem I have is

Round2LLC.

I need your shipping address.

That order is for me Aaron - Stubbie 30# Ethiopia. I sent my mailing address a couple weeks ago when you asked for it.

Sorry that PayPal used my business account instead of my personal one. That's what I get for using the 'easy' ordering links :) Glad you're doing ok friend...Fuck cancer!

-Stubbie

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2024, 06:33:48 AM »
Stubbie your order is on it's way.

I dm'd you the tracking so it's not so public what your address is.

Yah between pay pal and ups life is well... annoying.

UPS drops random people from my ship to list, so when I get a repeat order, their address' is not there,  it propagates their name right away but nothing else, in a few instances it put someone elses address in there with the wrong name :(

This is why I am so adamant about YOU GUYS giving me this info each time you order.  The methods of storing this data is not reliable.  Also, some of you move every few months it seems and I don't want to send coffee to an old address,  THAT quickly turns into a nightmare.  To recover it, you have to pay UPS to go back there and get it, pay them to forward it, a label HAS to be on the box already for them to just pick it up, which means someone has to be there, at which point, it'd be easier for them to ship it... you get the idea.

The post office, is just a lost cause period.  Customer service is non existent, (well sadly it seems UPS is getting this way too lately)  The people in my local office are awesome, but once it leaves there, it's in the hands of the demons and troglodytes of the shipping underworld to handle your parcel  >:D

EVERYTHING up to the time of this post is OUT on it's way.

Thank you
Aaron

Had a rotten storm tear thru yesterday and tore the shit out of my yard.  Lost a few old trees, NOT happy so have some yard work to do this weekend. so will try to get some of this coffee I roasted up earlier cupped and up for sale.