Author Topic: Mill City Roasters- Bad experience, NEED Help Please  (Read 35586 times)

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Re: Mill City Roasters- Bad experience, NEED Help Please
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »
Thanks Hank, that sounds along the lines of what I was describing.

The USRC group buy is just laying there waiting for someone to pick up the ball. I would think it would be just as easy as getting anything going for a group buy.

It looks like we aren't the only group where there has been some controversy regarding these roasters, some of the agendas, interesting reactions etc.
SM forums MCR If you read the first page it reads almost like a love story...but then...

Also I would like to correct something that Dave says on pg. 2 as a way of vouching for what was going on at the SM Forums and giving Cred for Steve at SM's he says he is an active poster here at GCBC, HB and CG. I'd like to point out that Steve has about 120 posts on our forums as of today which isn't quite noob status but isn't quite at what I would consider Active. A lot of the posts seem to be focused on securing roasters.. A note on that would be; Please don't use us as a reference for what you do or say on other forums. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 08:19:18 PM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »
I went to see a 6 lb Primo a couple of weeks ago locally; the owner had just scored a like new Diedrich IR12 with 25 hours on it for 20K. Think he was asking $6700 for the Primo which was only a couple of years old. Interesting machine, very simple design and operation. It sold to a guy in South Florida as my horse trading plan had stalled.

Hmmm That Primo sounds familiar. Is this the same Primo Paul/Curly was trying to sell? I haven't seen any of his various threads around the various forums modified to sold yet. If so, he was stating that he was getting some 10k North roaster or something.

Offline hankua

• Standard User
  • Flame On!
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2015, 05:34:47 AM »
This was a Yellow Primo 6 pounder at Dos Cafe in St. Augustine FL; owner bought it used last November and previous owner had it for a year. Condition was super clean, which would jive with the guesstimated age. A Roastery in South Florida bought the Primo; I'll probably hear if the deal falls through.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2015, 10:35:53 AM »
This was a Yellow Primo 6 pounder at Dos Cafe in St. Augustine FL; owner bought it used last November and previous owner had it for a year. Condition was super clean, which would jive with the guesstimated age. A Roastery in South Florida bought the Primo; I'll probably hear if the deal falls through.

I would guess that is a different Primo then because the one Curly has been describing is in Minnesota I think. That seems odd to have a couple of Primo's on the block at the same time.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2015, 11:03:18 PM »
Did anyone get the Turquoise Roaster? If so was it discounted?

That would actually be a funny kinda cool thing to have now..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 07:12:14 PM by Joe »

Kind_Karma

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2015, 03:58:21 PM »
Apparently that roaster gets around :P

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Apparently that roaster gets around :P

:D :D 8)

roastingnerd

« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2015, 05:21:30 PM »
I just ran into this thread.  I am wondering if the OP's credit card offers protection for overseas purchases or used.  Mine doesn't.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2015, 05:47:12 PM »
I just ran into this thread.  I am wondering if the OP's credit card offers protection for overseas purchases or used.  Mine doesn't.

That would be a bummer. All mine do, they cover all online purchases. I'm not sure how they could get around that, what card do you have that doesn't offer purchase protection?

Used purchase protection from a credit card would have to go through a site like eBay or Paypal. If they accept Visa,amex,etc. then it should be protected..
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 05:49:01 PM by Joe »

roastingnerd

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2015, 06:52:45 AM »
Not sure which card I was using when I read the fine print that said PP. was only available for In-State purchases.  I am now using 2 Visas and an Am. Ex.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »
Not sure which card I was using when I read the fine print that said PP. was only available for In-State purchases.  I am now using 2 Visas and an Am. Ex.

I would check again, all Major credit cards offer online purchase protection that I know of, and that obviously covers the world. I had disputed a problem with an Aliexpress (China) order that went bad...no problem. Got my money back immediately and had some hoops to jump through but not many.

Paypal, eBay, Amazon etc.. All ship items from China and used and have excellent buyers protection in addition.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2015, 06:32:21 PM »
 The concern wasn't for just the the plug. If it were I'm not sure that would be a major sticking point. The OP ordered a much darker blue and got frost turquoise and then had an odd public shaming by people such as yourself whom have had good experiences with MCR and then Steve Green chimed in as well.

I don't think many people much care about how they handle themselves when everything is going as it should or as it was explained. I think the concern and discussion was more centered around when stuff went wrong and how it was handled.

I think most people who have read the whole thread can see the forest through the trees and if you are happy with your commercial roaster then I think most folks here would be happy for you.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:17:51 AM by Joe »

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2016, 06:56:48 AM »
Good points Joe.
Oh I had GREAT SERVICE,  well that's nice, and you should have great service, it IS a business after all.

It's when the service isn't good, or there are major issues that really define a company.  Sooner or later, every business man is going to have a problem somewhere, how do they handle it?   We have 100 satisfied customers, so are not worried about 1 or 2 crybabies is not a good model to run a business on.  Oh just give him a 5 dollar off coupon on his next purchase to shut him up, is not really 'fixing' the core problem either.  Well have Dave pretend to be the manager and call on the phone and apologize (but still not fix the problem) is not acceptable either in the customers eyes.  He's mad at Dave now, well hand the phone over to Bill who can pretend to be the district manager.....

To be honest Id rather see a few posts where folks HAVE had problems with a company and how the company handled it, ... THAT the company handled it instead of 100  YaaYYYYYYY  they were Graaaaaaate.

The Problem happened - Problem solved posts give a much greater insight into a companies true core values than all the Mee Too, See, I pushed the Like button also! ones do.

Also, as for the plug comment, perhaps it's not so much the 'ease' or 'comfort' level of the individual in changing the plug that is the issue, but rather the principle that he HAD to change it.  I shouldn't be expected to know how to overhaul the engine to 'be deemed competent' to drive the car.  Oh your car had bald tires on when it was delivered, well, just go change them, Im sure you can find a good deal on new ones.

You can have your car in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2016, 10:33:58 AM »
Solid post Aaron. I think I agree with every point of that.

I also get super suspicious of under 5 post members who's first few posts would be on this thread. It's not the easiest thread to find and I can't imagine that commercial vendor items is the first forum that said "hey let's get into this conversation"

It looks like someone from MCR is doing damage control. Looking at their behavior on other forums of sending customers to report all is well, and having a model that promotes in forums says it's not out of the realm of possibility.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:36:11 AM by Joe »

Charly

« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2016, 07:35:59 AM »
 Enough, Joe. You're being such a @#$% here and I can't figure out why. One customer complained about getting the wrong colored roaster, and after some back and forth gets his money back. Ambex screwed over customers for years (all's ok now under new management I think) and *crickets* from you. I bought my roaster from Mill City, it's everything I ever hoped for and more. Customer service has been excellent, and nobody from MC asked me to defend them here. Aaron has always been a grouch but you seem to have something personal going on.

Charly

mod edit: Keep the language clean in the non HT threads please.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:59:17 PM by Joe »