Author Topic: Ethiopia Tula Coffee Farm Limu 2  (Read 2130 times)

hatethis

Ethiopia Tula Coffee Farm Limu 2
« on: March 04, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »
This is just in (new to Japan since the ban on ethiopian coffees due to high pesticides) and at a great price for Japan.  I was wondering if anyone has had it or knows anything about it, traditionally or this crop.

ButtWhiskers

Re: Ethiopia Tula Coffee Farm Limu 2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »
The ironic thing about that ban was that the contamination apparently did not come from the coffee , but from the bags it came in, which had apparently been shipped in a container previously used to ship chemical pesticides. 

So Japan cuts off all Ethiopian coffee imports...   ::)  :binkybaby:

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 06:44:06 AM »
This is just in (new to Japan since the ban on ethiopian coffees due to high pesticides) and at a great price for Japan.  I was wondering if anyone has had it or knows anything about it, traditionally or this crop.

I have some Limu ... very nice.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

hatethis

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
Thank you MP, looks like i will be getting some then.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 09:34:21 PM »
Thank you MP, looks like i will be getting some then.

Caveat emptor ... I have a crop from about three years ago.  I don't know how the the current year's crop tastes compared to the one I have or whether my Limu was from Tula Coffee Farm.

I just don't want to be on bad terms you if it turns out you don't like it for whatever reason.

Having said that ... I have not ever tasted a bad coffee from Ethiopia.

;)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

peechdogg

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 07:08:52 PM »

Caveat emptor ... I have a crop from about three years ago.  I don't know how the the current year's crop tastes compared to the one I have or whether my Limu was from Tula Coffee Farm.

I just don't want to be on bad terms you if it turns out you don't like it for whatever reason.

Having said that ... I have not ever tasted a bad coffee from Ethiopia.

Last Limu sample I tried was a dried leather, rancid tobacco reject.
Now, I am pretty picky when it comes to Ethiopians. There's just no reason to settle when there are so many good ones to pick from. Last year was not so great because of the ECX problems, though it seems to be correcting somewhat.

I slobbering to get the Yirg in house tomorrow!