Author Topic: Astoria Argenta AEP /JUN 1 Group  (Read 1888 times)

milowebailey

Astoria Argenta AEP /JUN 1 Group
« on: December 02, 2010, 01:44:58 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Astoria Argenta AEP /JUN 1 Group espresso machines?  Are they any good?  What is a good used one worth?

Tex

Re: Astoria Argenta AEP /JUN 1 Group
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 02:10:01 PM »
Never saw one of those, but I have seen 3-group Astoria's made by CMA. I didn't like its group - too complex and had only passive heat control.

But the one I looked at was built like a tank (typical of CMA products - BTW: isn't your lever machine made by them?) and I wouldn't have minded using it. A 1-group like that in decent used condition should sell for $300 - $1000, more if the seller isn't all that motivated. Is it a plumbed or pour over machine; vibe pump or rotary? Accessories: portafilters, filter baskets. Condition: paint, chrome, rust. Everything contributes to value or detracts from it.

Wish I could be more helpful, but there are just too many variables. ???

milowebailey

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »
It's a 2000 watt 220v machine.  Plumbed in.  Been in heated storage for a few years.  They said it looks new.  Rotary water cooled motor/pump.

Specs here:http://www.astoriaespresso.com/argenta.asp

I'm going to go look at it on Saturday... could be the new Cabin machine 8)

Tex

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 02:44:56 PM »
It's a 2000 watt 220v machine.  Plumbed in.  Been in heated storage for a few years.  They said it looks new.  Rotary water cooled motor/pump.

Specs here:http://www.astoriaespresso.com/argenta.asp

I'm going to go look at it on Saturday... could be the new Cabin machine 8)

Hasn't the Mrs gotten wise to you stashing stuff up there? ;D

A semi auto HX is about as foolproof as it gets. Other than an auto fill circuit, the electrics will look like what you've got in a Gaggia. Perfect machine for the cabin; the less complex the better!

ecdhunt

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 03:11:15 PM »
There's a 2005 Argenta 2 Group in WV Currently on CL for $2500 - but that seemed high to me.

crholliday

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:30:47 PM »
CMA makes a bunch of different brands. I have this machine labeled as a Laurentis. Mine has the volumetric keypad which I dont use.

These are great small commercial machines. Easy to work on and repair, very good temp stability after the first shot or two, easy to find parts for and generally ugly to look at. Easily worth $1500+ and $2000 to the right buyer (small shop that wants to make espresso).

milowebailey

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »
CMA makes a bunch of different brands. I have this machine labeled as a Laurentis. Mine has the volumetric keypad which I dont use.

These are great small commercial machines. Easy to work on and repair, very good temp stability after the first shot or two, easy to find parts for and generally ugly to look at. Easily worth $1500+ and $2000 to the right buyer (small shop that wants to make espresso).

So $800 with a newish Faema Grinder would be a decent deal?

Tex

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »

If you're counting on the grinder to justify the deal, what's the burr size?
62mm=yes
54mm=??

milowebailey

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »

62mm=yes
54mm=??

If you're counting on the grinder to justify the deal, what's the burr size?

Do I smell envy my friend ;D

54mm

It's one of these

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 08:54:22 PM »
Yes. If both are in good working condition I would say that is a deal.

Tex

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 06:22:02 AM »

+1
With the caveat that the MPN is just a so-so grinder.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 07:47:14 AM »

+1
With the caveat that the MPN is just a so-so grinder.

+1

Envy Indeed!

:icon_thumleft:
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

crholliday

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »

If it works and doesnt need to be descaled.... that is a deal. I would push for $600 unless you can unscrew the autofill port or some other way to see into the boiler. The grinder is on par with a Mazzer mini.

C.

peechdogg

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 04:51:45 PM »
I've never used a 1 group Astoria, but have made drinks on a couple different 2 & 3 group models. Lots of good coffee shops around me have older models they have kept in excellent working condition for a number of years. The CMA manufactured models are really solid.