Author Topic: $200 Whirlygig from Technivorm  (Read 2269 times)

BoldJava

Re: $200 Whirlygig from Technivorm
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 06:07:11 PM »
I went to Technivorm website and did not see any grinders listed. Is this grinder hand made in Holland like their coffee makers? Or did they just sell the name to have it made in China for Williams-Sonoma ?

http://www.technivorm.com/products/km4.html

BJava

Tex

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:27 PM »
I went to Technivorm website and did not see any grinders listed. Is this grinder hand made in Holland like their coffee makers? Or did they just sell the name to have it made in China for Williams-Sonoma ?

BJava

??? "factory adjusted to the grind standards of your country or espresso" ??? I guess that means they'll fit screens that're more or less porous as needed?

Offline thcoffee

• Standard User
  • Roaster #4 RK Drum
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »

BJava

Thanks Dave. I don't know where I was looking :)

:o
Original "Smitdesign" handbuilt
by Technivorm of Amerongen,
The Netherlands

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »

I see what you mean ... good question.

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »

???

Really? I'd say it's a $200 POS wherever it's made.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 10:47:11 AM »

???

Unless it was made and designed in Germany; they could make a blade grinder work for espresso.   ;)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 11:13:57 AM »

???

Unless it was made and designed in Germany; they could make a blade grinder work for espresso.   ;)

No, they'd tell you to use it for espresso and that you vill like it.

EricBNC

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 11:22:02 AM »
I stopped in to W-S to check out something else - this unit was on display - it is an inverted whirly grinder - looking up through the mesh you see a blade similar to my old Braun.  It looks like you dump beans in the top around a cylinder type motor (reminded me of a BUNN commercial coffee grinder). the smaller grounds (and all the fines) would make it into the "ground recepticle" with the larger chunks remaining on the other side of the mesh in the line of fire.  

They also proudly displayed the new Breville grinder - the one that is replacing the Virtuoso.  The Burrs look identical to the Cuisinart conical burr grinder sitting next to it.  The outer burr removes with a metal handle - they might even interchange.  I remarked to the clerk that they looked similar - she responded that they both were made in China so they probably came from the same factory.