Author Topic: Anyone used a Flojet with an espresso machine?  (Read 758 times)

Tex

Anyone used a Flojet with an espresso machine?
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »
I've decided not to connect my Bunn ES-1A HX machine to the water mains - I'll be putting it in a nook that isn't plumbed and I don't want to spend the money to run water and sewer lines.

I've got a Flojet, so I was thinking of just putting 5-gallon fresh water & 2 gallon waste water containers under the cabinet. The Flojet will work as-is, but I was wondering if it'd be worth installing an accumulator tank with it?

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: Anyone used a Flojet with an espresso machine?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 05:27:02 AM »
I hooked one up for a guy...

Just used a 5 gal fresh water and the existing drip tray for waste.

Unless you accumulate more waste water per session than the drip try holds you might think about it. Gives you less mess (and less old grossness) to deal with once you store up 2 gals worth.

But I'm just guessing, it wasn't my set up,
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

crholliday

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 06:46:25 AM »
All my catering buddies run flowjets without accumulator tanks. You can notice some surging with no puck in the basket but once pressure builds up to 9 bars the surging is completely flattened out.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:26:16 AM »
I use a flojet with my Conti Prestina (which does not have autofill but rather a lever you manually push the refill) and have used it with other machines (with built in autofills) as well. I had never heard of a flow accumulator until reading this thread and I have never had a problem with it. Works great as is!

Offline CoffeeCarl

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 06:40:43 PM »
I run an accumulator with a flojet on my Quickmill, it definitely smooths things out and you will be suprised at how much less
your flojet will run. The accumulator is a Shur-Flo, if If remember correctly it was quite reasonable, it was purchased from a camper
supply store on e-bay. I would definitely do it again.

Carl