Author Topic: Wow the Speedster is quiet.  (Read 673 times)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Wow the Speedster is quiet.
« on: April 03, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
I was watching this vid on steaming milk with a Speedster..... We should totally set aside anything about steaming milk in this vid other than listen to how loud it is when he swirls the pitcher on the counter top.

Compare how loud it is to the pump while pulling shots...

This machine has a stealth mode.  :-X

You can sneak up behind people pulling shots....if you mount it in a Prius and drive under 30mph you could simultaneously pull shots and drive around so silently that only dogs could hear you.

I'm trying to say, is it just me or is this thing amazingly quiet even compared to other quiet/rotary pumps?

Steaming milk with a Speedster.

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
Re: Wow the Speedster is quiet.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 11:46:55 AM »
Sweet setup.

Offline sontondaman

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:45:15 AM »
The rotary pump is probably placed under the counter which might play a big role in the isolation of pump noise. Also, the rotory pumps are very quiet compare to vibratory pump.

Tex

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »
Other than the motor/pump, there's nothing in the machine that'll make noise. IIRC, the pump is mounted internally. A new rotary pump and motor make very little noise; heck mine is ~20 years old and it virtually silent. I padded the inside of the panels with FG insulation to make sure it's quiet!