Author Topic: '82 Olympia Cremina Lever...  (Read 37175 times)

BoldJava

Re: '82 Olympia Cremina Lever...
« Reply #285 on: July 14, 2011, 04:04:57 AM »
Moving from Milwakeatto©  to a Gibrlater.... Is that an progression in pooched roast drinks?

We chalk up the rise of the Gibraltar as one of coffee’s more pointless creations — an artifact of America’s milk-engorged bastardization of the standard cappuccino.

Stopped for a macchiato at Alterra yesterday.  Chewed the fat with the young barista and Gibraltars came up.  Here is a bit of history on them and how they are gaining traction in shop whose names with which we are familiar.  Don't look for them in Milo's posts or kitchen.  Name comes from the line of glasses by Libbey - has nothing to do with the rock.

http://youngandfoodish.com/coffee/gibraltar-san-franciscos-cult-coffee-comes-to-london/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 04:14:14 AM by BoldJava »

milowebailey

« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2011, 07:43:25 AM »

Stopped for a Milwaukeatto©  at Alterra yesterday.  Chewed the fat with the young barista and Gibraltars came up.  

I see your sweet lookin' Cremina is getting a good workout :BangHead:

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2011, 08:06:25 AM »

Stopped for a Milwaukeatto©  at Alterra yesterday.  Chewed the fat with the young barista and Gibraltars came up.  

Milo, He would have to learn how to steam milk on the Cremina if he wanted to make one of those . . . . . It was just easier to drive to a local shop :) .

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:18 AM »

Milo, He would have to learn how to steam milk on the Cremina if he wanted to make one of those . . . . . It was just easier to drive to a local shop :) .

They're gangin' up on you, B|Dangerfield!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

milowebailey

« Reply #289 on: July 14, 2011, 08:48:42 AM »

Stopped for a Milwaukeatto©  at Alterra yesterday.  Chewed the fat with the young barista and Gibraltars came up.  

They're gangin' up on you, B|Dangerfield!

But it looks good on Him!

Looks good on you

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2011, 12:59:01 PM »
You guys should take it easy on him, I've hardly touched my Gaggia Factory since I picked it up, my excuse is that I'm waiting to finish the sideboard to make my coffee shrine, but with a trip to Denver next week and Kauai the week after it keeps getting pushed back.

Yah!  You guys should take it easy on him.

milowebailey

« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2011, 01:01:33 PM »
You guys should take it easy on him, I've hardly touched my Gaggia Factory since I picked it up, my excuse is that I'm waiting to finish the sideboard to make my coffee shrine, but with a trip to Denver next week and Kauai the week after it keeps getting pushed back.

Yah!  You guys should take it easy on him.
+1

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »
Moving from Milwakeatto©  to a Gibrlater.... Is that an progression in pooched roast drinks?

We chalk up the rise of the Gibraltar as one of coffee’s more pointless creations — an artifact of America’s milk-engorged bastardization of the standard cappuccino.

Stopped for a macchiato at Alterra yesterday.  Chewed the fat with the young barista and Gibraltars came up.  Here is a bit of history on them and how they are gaining traction in shop whose names with which we are familiar.  Don't look for them in Milo's posts or kitchen.  Name comes from the line of glasses by Libbey - has nothing to do with the rock.

http://youngandfoodish.com/coffee/gibraltar-san-franciscos-cult-coffee-comes-to-london/

So a 4.5oz drink is called the Gibraltar?

The 4oz cups I picked up in Vietnam in 2006 don't have a name on the bottom, so should I name my daily drink the Vietnam?

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2011, 01:45:41 PM »
The 4oz cups I picked up in Vietnam in 2006 don't have a name on the bottom, so should I name my daily drink the Vietnam?

What a kick in the pants... My daily drink is about the same as yours and I've never been to Vietnam.

Also with Vietnamese brewer this makes things confusing to know if you you are talking about one or the other..

4oz'er has a much better ring to it if you ask me.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #294 on: July 14, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »
Agreed John, I don't think it's fair to confuse the small milk drinker with proclamations of country specific titles, it just seems so exclusionary. ;-)

4oz'er it is.

Long live drink naming neutrality! ;-)

milowebailey

« Reply #295 on: July 14, 2011, 01:58:28 PM »
I think Shaun and John are a half ounce short of a Gibraltar ;D

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #296 on: July 14, 2011, 02:00:54 PM »
But three times a straight shot. ;-)

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2011, 02:37:25 PM »
I think Shaun and John are a half ounce short of a Gibraltar ;D

I think their Gibraltars aren't wrapped real tight.

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2011, 02:41:34 PM »
I think I hear John mumble something about when he gets a lever machine he's going to start following B|invisibleshots lead and get to work on his Gibraltars.

BoldJava

« Reply #299 on: July 14, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
You guys should take it easy on him...

Teasing is a favorite form of attention in these parts. I am flattered <grins>.  Be at one with the attention...

B|Java
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:49:25 PM by BoldJava »