Author Topic: brand new Mazzer Super Jolly, $675 w/free S&H  (Read 1459 times)

Tex

brand new Mazzer Super Jolly, $675 w/free S&H
« on: September 06, 2011, 09:05:21 AM »

For a a few hundred more than a Baratza Vario you'll get the most widely used commercial espresso grinder that will last a lifetime!

FWIW: I've no idea why the SJ price has taken a nose dive lately?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 12:00:52 AM by Joe »

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: brand new Mazzer Super Jolly, $675 w/free S&H
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
With all due respect, even a great grinder is ruled by the law of supply and demand. 

When people are not spending money on your product you try to induce them to do so by reducing the price.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:02:56 AM »
My main point is - buy the last grinder you'll ever need 1st, instead of incrementally getting there by buying stuff that falls apart in 3 - 4 years.

Hell, a Super Jolly or K10 will be around for your great-grandkids to use!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:22:33 PM »
My main point is - buy the last grinder you'll ever need 1st, instead of incrementally getting there by buying stuff that falls apart in 3 - 4 years.

Hell, a Super Jolly or K10 will be around for your great-grandkids to use!

Agreed!

I might even say great-great-grandkids.

;D

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

EricBNC

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »
$609 for the Mazzer on ROASTe with the 10% off coupon.  $404 for the Vario with the same deal. 

If I was going to spend over $400 for a new Vario, I think I would go the extra $205 and get the Mazzer instead.  Neither are inexpensive though and some people swear by their Vario, but the Mazzer looks very sharp.

Tex

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:34:31 PM »
$609 for the Mazzer on ROASTe with the 10% off coupon.  $404 for the Vario with the same deal. 

If I was going to spend over $400 for a new Vario, I think I would go the extra $205 and get the Mazzer instead.  Neither are inexpensive though and some people swear by their Vario, but the Mazzer looks very sharp.

I wonder which will still be grinding merrily away a half-dozen years from now?

EricBNC

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:58:33 PM »
Not to go too off topic, but you don't think a Vario will last six years? 

To answer your question, I would not expect a homeowner to wear out the Mazzer even after many years.

EricBNC

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 03:06:52 PM »
I've been fighting myself on the Macap M4.  I better hold off for Christmas or something on Craigslist/ePay
MC4 Doserless for $380 - looks like the M. Mini's equal in all but price...

northwestmark

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »
But for $1400 more you could just get a robur. Last grinder you'd ever need. (;

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 10:54:14 AM »
Wow, I picked mine up about 3 years ago for 250 bucks.  He rebuilt it / overhauled it and put new burrs in it but still, it seems I got a really good deal on it then.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Tex

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 11:38:28 AM »
Wow, I picked mine up about 3 years ago for 250 bucks.  He rebuilt it / overhauled it and put new burrs in it but still, it seems I got a really good deal on it then.

Aaron

It was a good deal - I bought a handful back when *$'s was unloading them and I sold them for at least $400 each. The Super Jolly isn't the best grinder ever built, but for home use a 63mm grinder is all you'll ever need.

Tex

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 01:03:56 PM »
MC4 Doserless for $380 - looks like the M. Mini's equal in all but price...

That's mine and I love it.  I must add though, when I flipped a couple of Mazzer Mini's, the MM gave a softer, fluffier espresso grind.  Were I to do it again, I probably would have moved the MC4 but that is history and I remain pleased with the Macap.

B|Java

And the Super Jolly is much better in build quality and espresso grind quality than the Mini.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 04:39:07 PM »
I still think the Wega 6.8 Konik was the best deal I ever saw. I bought mine in early July for $800 shipped through Compak. It was one of the last in their original shipment from Compak and they have not yet received a second shipment. The only way I know that is I am waiting for a replacement because some of the threads on the upper burr threading are chipped off.

Which makes me want to do a quick little survey. I have been waiting since July for a replacement, they have yet to receive a second shipment and I was offered a $100 dollar refund. Would you take the $100 or keep waiting for a replacement?

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »
Does it affect the functionality?
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »
Does it affect the functionality?

No, but getting it to catch and screw back in / down when I remove the upper burrs to clean it is a nightmare. I plan on having it a long time. If down the road it does become a problem, getting it re-threaded at a machine shop will cost more than $100 dollars. Then again, it could actually never get to that point either.